Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

security rule on restricting sheet access

Hi Guru,

Have a question related to security in Qlik sense.

I have one stream, one application and 10 sheets in it, now I need to assign 5 to finance team, 5 to sales team, would that be possible?

The key point is to keep 10 sheets in 1 application but to different groups.

Thanks.

Kelley

8 Replies
Not applicable
Author

Hello Kelley,

Did you ever found solution to this? If so, would you be able to post it

Thanks,

Oredas

andrefpc
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Maybe this post points you in the right direction:

Sheet level Section Access in Qlik Sense ??

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kelly,

Please watch this video and replicate the same steps in QMC , You will get what you are try to make. Its very helpful video and interactive too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=feSaaJZ7Jco

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Not applicable
Author

Hello Rohit,

This video shows how to split apps between user groups, but nothing related to sheets, which original poster is after (so do i). I would suggest checking out these:

https://community.qlik.com/thread/155799

and

Concrete answer on creating security rule at stream sheet level

Best of luck

Not applicable
Author

Hi Kelly , whee it ends you just need to create one more security rule for app object access and you will find your right solution, like aelect security rule type aap access , condition will be like , user is uaer1 or app object is sheet 1.

Not applicable
Author

Would you be able to elaborate with screenshots if possible as it would be great help for me and the rest of community.

Thank you in advance.

oredas

andrefpc
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

I was able to create a security rule to resctrict some users to some sheets.

The problem I have now is with master items. The users with restricted access can see the sheets but can't see any of the master visualizations or master measures/dimensions.

I've added the resource.name of the master visualization and it works. Is there a workaround for not having to type all (100+) master items resource names in the security rule?

Is there a resource.objectType= "mastersomething"?

Is there any documentation besides qlik sense help with information, examples and syntax on this subject?

Thank you.

Not applicable
Author

Hi Andre ,

See there you need three security rule for three level ,first stream, app third app object , what you should do on app object access , make a security rule for that app is : security rule type app object

User name = * or app.object.app is yourappname. It will give every user who has access to your concern stream and app can see all objects I.e master items too

Please mark my comment helpful if it makes any sense