Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

show legend color by expression in chart

Hi,

I am using customer colors by expression in a chart and am very happy about it. The only thing is that QS is not supporting showing the legend when setting color by an expression. Anybody know when it will be supported by QS? Or know a 'trick' to show the end user this information? I am not looking for showing an self created image, I want the legend showing the measures based on the selection(s).

Greetz,

Roland

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jtay
Contributor III
Contributor III

I have this same problem.  I did a bit of searching and it's not a feature in 3.2 or in any of the releases to date (up to 3.2.4).  I did find a work-around solution in a legend extension that works for me and may work for you, too.

Qlik Branch

This loads a small box that you can place under your graph and will show up to 4 items.

Good luck.

View solution in original post

3 Replies
jtay
Contributor III
Contributor III

I have this same problem.  I did a bit of searching and it's not a feature in 3.2 or in any of the releases to date (up to 3.2.4).  I did find a work-around solution in a legend extension that works for me and may work for you, too.

Qlik Branch

This loads a small box that you can place under your graph and will show up to 4 items.

Good luck.

Not applicable
Author

thnx Just what I needed. Too bad we have to fall back on the creations of some geniusses, it would be better for Sense that these (basic) requirements were supported in Sense itself.

Greetz Roland

SonOfJeffGoldblum
Contributor III
Contributor III

If you create a master dimension you can set the color values

Then Set by Dimension using your master dimension and voila

SonOfJeffGoldblum_0-1594906581796.pngSonOfJeffGoldblum_1-1594906587412.png

Everything not saved will be lost
— Nintendo Quit screen message