Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joeybird
Creator III
Creator III

show specific field ranges as drop down menues / filters

hiya

I wish to show different field range drop down menus

e.g

1. date

date is derived from order date. I want to in the data load editor run a but of script that will create a new year selector (year specific)  drop down that e.g only shows years from 2010 onwards

at the moment mine shows all years 2015 to 1989, but I want to show just from 2010 onwards, as all data is irrelevant or old.

or is the a way to get the filter pane to sort by expression only show year 2010 and other years onwards?

2. department

each department has a code Department code xxx111, xxx222, xxx999 ect

same again I want to in the data load editor run a but of script that will create a new department selector  (department specific) drop down that e.g only shows departments with codes that end xxx999 only

or is the a way to get the filter pane to sort by expression only show using department code xxx999  departments only?

please help

kind regards

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you create the field in the derived calendar then try:  if(Year($1) >= 2010, Year($1)) as DropDownYear,

If you want a dropdown field for the department name then use the Department name instead:  if(Wildmatch(DepartmentCode, '*999'), DepartmentName) as DropDownDepartmentName

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand

View solution in original post

4 Replies
Gysbert_Wassenaar

LOAD ...some fields ...,

if(Year >= 2010, Year) as DropDownYear,

if(Wildmatch(DepartmentCode, '*999'), DepartmentCode) as DropDownDepartmentCode

FROM ...

joeybird
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hiya

thanks for above

year code does not work, I did try it, but the dropdown is blank.

my calendar is derived by below

Calendar: DECLARE FIELD DEFINITION TAGGED '$date'
Parameters first_month_of_year = 1,
fiscal_first_month_of_year = 4

Fields

Year($1) As Year Tagged '$year',

if( Month($1)>=4, Year($1), Year($1) -1) as FiscalYear Tagged '$fiscalyear', 

Month($1) as Month Tagged '$month',

if( Month($1)>=4, Month($1)-3,Month($1)+9) as FiscalMonthNumber Tagged '$FiscalMonthNumber',

Date($1) as Date Tagged ('$date', '$day'),

Week($1) as Week Tagged '$week',

Weekday($1) as Weekday Tagged '$weekday',

'Q' & Ceil(Month($1)/3)  as FinancialQuarter Tagged '$FinancialQuarter';

DERIVE FIELDS FROM FIELDS [OrderDate] USING Calendar;

department

the code does work ...as it only shows codes with xxx999

if(Wildmatch(DepartmentCode, '*999'), DepartmentCode) as DropDownDepartmentCode

however I only want the departments with those ids

please help

Kind Regards

Joeybird

Gysbert_Wassenaar

If you create the field in the derived calendar then try:  if(Year($1) >= 2010, Year($1)) as DropDownYear,

If you want a dropdown field for the department name then use the Department name instead:  if(Wildmatch(DepartmentCode, '*999'), DepartmentName) as DropDownDepartmentName

joeybird
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hiya

that's brill, thanks so much for this xx

kind regards

joeybird