Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Davidoff
Contributor III
Contributor III

show this years and last years figures on same line in table

Hi all,

I am displaying sales, profit etc in columns of a table and grouping the rows by Season. I am required to show the values for the previous year in the same row, but different columns.

Problem is, the previous year data shows in a different Season group, because I am looking at the previous years data. 

Season Group expression:

=AGGR(ONLY({$<F_Year_Week={"$(vSelectedYears)"}, WK={"$(vSelectedWeeks)"}>} StockSeason), StockSeason)

Example of one of previous years column expression:

Sum({$<SalesType={'Sale'}, FP_MD={'FP'}, F_Year_Week ={"$(vPrevSelectedYear)"}, WK={"$(vSelectedWeeks)"}>} Price)

All data selection is controlled by a date island and selections on screen are stored in the vSelectedYears & vSelectedWeeks variables. vPrevSelectedYear is derived from vSelectedYears.

App works fine, but shows the previous year info in a different season group.

Your expertise and any assistance is much appreciated.

David

Labels (2)
17 Replies
Davidoff
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Gabriel,

which expression? Can you elaborate?

Thanks,

David

PrashantSangle

hi,

in script you can concatenate the same transaction table by using addyears() on transaction date.
Logic can be

consider following example
TestData:
Load Date,Product,Sales Inline [
Date,Product,Sales
1-Jan-2018,A,100
1-Feb-2018,A,200
1-Mar-2018,B,200
1-Apr-2018,B,150
];
concatenate
Load AddYears(Date,1) as Date,Product,Sales as Previous_Sale
Resident TestData;

Use Previous_Sale field to show Previous Year Sale of That Product.

Hope that help.

Regards,
Prashant Sangle
Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Davidoff
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Hi Prashant,

I was hoping you wouldn't say that Smiley Happy

Yes I think I'll have to load in again and add last years sale price to each record.

Wouldn't AddYears be -1 though?

David

PrashantSangle

No, it must be +1.

Regards,
Prashant
Great dreamer's dreams never fulfilled, they are always transcended.
Please appreciate our Qlik community members by giving Kudos for sharing their time for your query. If your query is answered, please mark the topic as resolved 🙂
Davidoff
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Ah yes, I see what you mean 🙂

Thanks.

David

Davidoff
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

UPDATE:

To complicate matters, I have tried to union a second load of the Sales dataset, but there could be 0,1 or many records for the same ProductID and date 1 year ago. 

Load fails however I try to load it (SUM(Price), GROUP BY ProductID etc. Any other ideas Qliksters?

Davidoff
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

So I have had to give in and load the complete Sales dataset a second time to try and resolve the issue.

This does feel like an inelegant solution given Qlik's power. I had hoped there would be some set expression magic I could use here. Smiley Frustrated

Davidoff
Contributor III
Contributor III
Author

Thanks all for your input 😉