Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
joeybird
Creator III
Creator III

stacked bar charts

Hiya

In qlik sense I am using a stacked bar chart.

Is it possible to have a black line to appear..to sperate the sections? On each stacked bar?

The stacked chart shows how many days ...a customers order process takes...for each department.  Sometimes a customer has ordered twice from that department. So if I count number of days...it adds up the two instances. Is there a way to seperate these instances...but keep the same department colour on the key

?

Please help

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Joanna,

You cannot add explicit tool tips as of now but can be expected soon. But for your requirement, you can achive it the way I mentioned above.

View solution in original post

6 Replies
reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Joanna,

You cannot do that on a stacked bar chart. Instead if it fits your use case try using a combo chart with markers option. But there are limitations with the coloring of a combo chart.

If this is a requirement you need very badly, I would suggest you to developer an extension to fit your use case.

joeybird
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hiya will try that option. But also is there a way of seperating the counts..when the same department gets counted?

E.g customer order takes for catering 30 days...and homeware...7 days then addtional order for catering...3 days . But on stack it's adding up catering as 33.

Please help

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Joanna,

You cannot segment the counts when summed up but instead, try using a drill down when that stacked bar is selected. So when the bar for catering which says 33 as the over all count is selected/clicked, it drills down to the individual orders by date.

You can actually have a brak down shown up in a tooltip like this:

Untitled.png

joeybird
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hiya

I don't know how to add tooltips in sense...will this be an added feature in next release of sense?

reddy-s
Master II
Master II

Hi Joanna,

You cannot add explicit tool tips as of now but can be expected soon. But for your requirement, you can achive it the way I mentioned above.

joeybird
Creator III
Creator III
Author

Hiya

Thank you, I will use this option for now.

Kind Regards