Qlik Community

Qlik Sense App Development

Discussion board where members can learn more about Qlik Sense App Development and Usage.

Announcements
QlikWorld 2020: Join us May 11 - 14, 2020 in Phoenix, AZ. Register early and save $400. Learn More
jacob-janvds
New Contributor II

title expression in story / presentation mode

Hi everyone,

I've added an expression to make my worksheet titles dynamic, based on:

='Order Intake ' & GetFieldSelections([fieldA]) & ' | ' & GetFieldSelections([fieldB])

In presentation / story mode, i've added the worksheets (included them) with specific selections based on fieldA and fieldB. However, only the texts are shown, not the dynamic part (so 'Order Intake |' is shown instead of 'Order Intake team x | product y').

I also found that when I open the total dashboard (in the qlik sense client) and set the selections, the dynamic title behaves as it should. When I switch to presentation/story mode and switch back to my dashboard, the selection I set in the previous step, is still active, but the title doesn't show the selection.

So my questions,

Anyone else who sees this behaviour?

And is there a fix/workaround available?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
mikaelsc
Contributor III

Re: title expression in story / presentation mode

4 Replies
mikaelsc
Contributor III

Hi JJ,

Using Sheets in story mode is just embedding them (there's no "snapshot" of a story);

i guess that's why it doesn't do what you expect.

what you could do, is defining several bookmarks and "activate" them during your presentation; using this extension: https://developer.qlik.com/garden/5a16ca031f461bfc56e8670b  by konrad.mattheis

Highlighted
jacob-janvds
New Contributor II

Hi Mikael,

Thanks for you reply. I'm afraid that the suggested solution won't help me, as we currently use the story mode as a basis for a created PDF (through screenshotting them), for a monthly report which is shared within the company. So it would help us when the sheets in the story have the right titles immediately.

mikaelsc
Contributor III

jacob-janvds
New Contributor II

Completely right. We're gonna have to manage, because we're going to make a switch to another BI tool (out of my hands ) so no investments will be made on this front