cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tgSimplay3
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

two associations between tables different filters by constant type

How to create this association for ShipTo and BillTo address associated to an order header? In T-SQL for Microsoft SQL Server, we use the following SQL for reports.

select h.cust_order_number, BillTo.Name, BillTo.Email, ShipTo.Name, ShipTo.State, ShipTo.Country

from orders h

left outer join addresses ShipTo on h.shipAddressRef = ShipTo.addressID and ShipTo.type = 'SHIP_TO'

left outer join addresses BillTo on h.shipAddressRef = BillTo.addressID and ShipTo.type = 'BILL_TO'

The first association is created correctly, when I pick the address table and apply a filter (i.e. type = 'SHIP_TO'). How do I pick the same table and apply a different filter for the BILL_TO? Qlik Sense Data Manager is replacing the first address and association, instead of making the second association as I intend. 

2 Replies
jochem_zw
Partner Ambassador
Partner Ambassador

Why not create 2 dimension tables 

1 for shipping address and 1 for billing address

based on your SQL they can have the same key

tgSimplay3
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor
Author

Jochem_zw suggested I create 2 dimension tables. It is exactly what I'm trying to do. But it seems impossible with the Data Manager and the "Auto-generated section" of the Data load editor. Do I need to "Unlock" the script and do something special? If yes, how to load/create 2 different tables from the same SQL data table ... each with its separate where clause. Can you provide an example?