Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

using variable to render straight table (expression)

I have a straight table with many columns that are pertaining to a sales person within a company. I have 5 buttons, related to that sales person, that I hope will render my table based on the user selecting a button.

if($(vTableFilter)= 1, sum({<SALES_PERSON= {"Michael Johnson"}>} SALES),
if($(vTableFilter)= 2, sum({<SALES_PERSON= {"Jordan Peele"}>} SALES),
if($(vTableFilter)= 3, sum({<SALES_PERSON= {"Kobe Bryant"}>} SALES),
if($(vTableFilter)= 4, sum({<SALES_PERSON= {"Lupe Fiasco"}>} SALES),
if($(vTableFilter)= 5, sum({<SALES_PERSON= {"Magic Johnson"}>} SALES)
)
)
)
)
)

My table doesn't seem to be rendering at all. I did a quick check by adding the SALES_PERSON column within the table and I can see that once I click a sales person (button) it still shows the other 4 individuals. Thoughts?

Labels (4)
3 Replies
Anil_Babu_Samineni

Sugar is the definition of variable
Please add me Anil_Babu_Samineni to interact faster when reply back. Speak low think High.

Before develop something, think If placed (The Right information | To the right people | At the Right time | In the Right place | With the Right context)
marcus_sommer

Why so complicated and not just using SALES_PERSON as a listbox?

- Marcus

dreweezy
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II
Author

End users want something more interactive on a dashboard with buttons since there are only a few sales person. I was able to figure it out - for some reason once I deselected "null values" on the dimensions everything started to work. Thanks.