Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

what is the limit for adding the number of expression to one object/chart

Hi Guys,

I am using an custom extension to display measures and using value list to group them by a value in the value list or i.e. Dimension.

so i have 15 values in my value list dimension and i have 3 measures for each value i.e. actuals, budget and Var%. so for 15 kpi's

i have 45 Expressions. Problem is if i add more then 24 expressions i.e. the 25th one Chart does not populate or show the numbers for the 25th expression or any more i add. so my question is that is there any limit in how many expression we can add to a single chart or visualization.

3 Replies
shubham_singh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Yes there is a character limit in expression editor of qlik, you may use variables to cut your expression in parts.

By the way I would not recomment using value list, its not an optimized way to create charts.

Create an INLINE table containing a list of 15 KPIs and give the a serial No.

like this

LOAD * INLINE [

KPINum,KPI

1,Sales

2,Budget

15,Revenue

];

Then use a pick function to write corresponding expression of KPIs in UI.

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hey Shubham,

Thanks for your response. But i think we are talking about two different things. First of All i know the limit of character in an expression is 7558. I am not talking about that. What i am talking about is number of expression or measures within a chart i.e. if i have 50 products my measure would look like

sum{<product={1}>sales}

sum{<product={2}>sales}

sum{<product={3}>sales}

.. and so on.

Second i know that i can use the inline table but this is a self service dashboard and I need to provide the end user the capability of adding the values in dimension as per their own requirement so that's why i used value list.

I hope this clears my question.

shubham_singh
Partner - Creator II
Partner - Creator II

Try using Pivot Table, add product to column. I have made several apps and I've never reached measure limits.