Skip to main content
Announcements
Live today at 11 AM ET. Get your questions about Qlik Connect answered, or just listen in. SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

write in Set analysis

sum(if(vRFRB='C' and MeetingDateRFRB>=DateCurrPeriodStart,TotalLoanAccountNumber,

if(vRFRB='A' and MeetingDateRFRB>=DateCurrPeriodStart,TotalToBeCollected)))

Help Is Appreciated

Thanks

Charleo

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Step 1:

I Selected the Sum of TotalAccountNumber

Step 1.PNG

Step 2:

Click on Modify the Set:

Step 2.PNG

So if you are making comparisons, use "Modify the set by using expressions", but when looking at a specific value use "Modify the Set explicitly by defining Values"

Because you wanted to sum everything based on vRFVB being equal to "C" I entered it as below:

Step 2 B.PNG

Then you can add another modifcation by repeating step 2. This time you wanted to sum only based on values that are greater than or equal to another field.  Thus i filled the values as below.

Step 2 c.PNG

Finally i just copied the formula from the bottom of the page.  I hope this helps !

Step 3.PNG

Play around with the different modifications until you get the result you need.  Goodluck !

View solution in original post

6 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Hi Charlie,

Please use the below link.  It has helped me a great amount.

http://tools.qlikblog.at/SetAnalysisWizard/QlikView-SetAnalysis_Wizard_and_Generator.aspx?sa=

Sum({$<vRFRB={'C'},MeetingDateRFRB={">=$(=DateCurrPeriodStart)"}>}TotalLoanAccountNumber)

Sum({$<vRFRB={'A'},MeetingDateRFRB={">=$(=DateCurrPeriodStart)"}>}TotalToBeCollected)

Not applicable
Author

how did you wrote the xpression by using the above link / site..

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

It asks you what you want to calculate.  So enter the field you which to calculate and the method you wish to use i.e Sum, max, min, etc.  Then click on "Add a set to modify the set defined above".

Then choose what you wish to do example "Modify the set by explicitly defining values"

Then add your field and your condition. once you save the formula shows at the bottom of the page.

Not applicable
Author

hey

confused it is , can you please explain it clear , where u gave what ......and it is only one expression .

please be clear , sorry troubling you dude

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Step 1:

I Selected the Sum of TotalAccountNumber

Step 1.PNG

Step 2:

Click on Modify the Set:

Step 2.PNG

So if you are making comparisons, use "Modify the set by using expressions", but when looking at a specific value use "Modify the Set explicitly by defining Values"

Because you wanted to sum everything based on vRFVB being equal to "C" I entered it as below:

Step 2 B.PNG

Then you can add another modifcation by repeating step 2. This time you wanted to sum only based on values that are greater than or equal to another field.  Thus i filled the values as below.

Step 2 c.PNG

Finally i just copied the formula from the bottom of the page.  I hope this helps !

Step 3.PNG

Play around with the different modifications until you get the result you need.  Goodluck !

Not applicable
Author

DUDE UR AWESOME....

Thanks

charleo