Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

johan_soderlund
New Contributor II

Adding members to stream in Qlik Sense Cloud Business not working

I cannot add members to my QSCB stream. When I click on add member and fill the email for the person to invite and click save the email entry box turns red and nothing happens. Is this a bug/issue?

I have added a group with an app that is published to a stream which I now want to share but seems as I cant invite any members.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: Adding members to stream in Qlik Sense Cloud Business not working

Correct on all fronts. - QSC Basic (free) , QSC Plus (subscription) - does not include group / stream / data management and multi-developer authoring.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
13 Replies
robert99
Valued Contributor II

Hi Have you done invite member first

Cloud.JPG Invite

johan_soderlund
New Contributor II

Hi Robert,

Thanks for the reply.

When I try to add members to the stream I cannot save it as in the screenshot. I have not added additional members to the workspace since that require an additional license for Cloud Business as far as I understand. My understanding was that I don't need to have additional licenses for people who should only be able to see my stream (same as for the personal stream).

Qlik_Cloud_Hub.jpg

robert99
Valued Contributor II

Hi Johan

Im fairly sure thsi is not right re licences

So

Free limit 25MB and 5 shares

Cloud plus. US$20 / month. 50MB. Unlimited sharing

Cloud Business, Limit 150MB but everyone needs a licence

Otherwise what is the point of cloud plus

johan_soderlund
New Contributor II

Hi,

Looks that way then, not super clear when reading the product guide for the business licence on the site that says:

"Share streams of content: publish content across as many as three streams, or shared networks, that deliver content to a defined audience. The account administrator can manage who can interact with content in each stream (i.e. different departments, business functions, or geographic regions). "

Main reason for choosing the business license would be to co-author apps and the possibility to have some users being able to update apps and files and other users only to view the apps but that will then be impossible with this license setup unless I need to have all users on business licenses, which would just be a waste for the ones who should only view an app.

Anyway thanks for the reply.

isorinrusu
Contributor III

Hi Johan, I have the same problem as you.

I can't understand why inviting new members is disabled. What's the point then of having Qlik Cloud Business, 3 streams, if you can't invite people to it? What's the benefit of having 3 streams if people can't access it?

robert99
Valued Contributor II

hi

Have you bought licenses for these new members?

Employee
Employee

Hi All - check this video out to see the preferred way to do this:

Qlik Sense Cloud Business - Orientation

Look at the 4min 20 sec time mark.

This is a usability issues with QSC and has been identified and will be corrected in future improvement releases. The add members button - is a way to quickly add member that have already been invited. You can dd them by their name or their email address - THIS is technically not an INVITE - you INVITE from the settings (gear) icon - menu.

I too experienced this and have confirmation that it is being improved.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

More videos here and in the Cloud open section of Qlik Sense Cloud menu.

Let me know how you do.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
isorinrusu
Contributor III

Thanks Robert, that's what I didn't understand. Going through some of mto‌ videos solved my doubt.

So you actually need to buy 2 licenses if you want to invite someone to collaborate or view the applications you post in the Group and its streams.

Regards,

Sorin.

Employee
Employee

Hi Sorin,

Correct - that is the premise of Qlik Sense Cloud Business - group-based sharing and collaboration. You can always use your private area as well to share with others freely. However those apps would exist in your private area. So you could technically create an app in your group space, download it, then upload to your private space and then share to the public share area.

HTH

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Community Browser