Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

jeanpierre640
New Contributor

Cannot create a Qlik Sense Cloud app

Hi there,

first of all, sorry for my poor English !

I want to have a proof of concept (PoC) with Qlik Sense Cloud. I created a new application yesturday for the purpose.

Unfortunatelly I still get a nice bubble with the message "Configuration en cours ..." (yes, I'm French !) which means "Onging setting".

It looks like Qlik Sense Cloud could be a very good option for my PoC but this obstacle is not a good start.

Could you please help ?

Many thanks :-)

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
dac
New Contributor II

Re: Cannot create a Qlik Sense Cloud app

Perhaps you are having issues with websockets from your computer/network? To help rule out an issue with websocket communication you could check the results you get from some a websocket test page, for example:

For Qlik Sense and qlikcloud.com to operate correctly requires stable websocket connectivity.

3 Replies
dac
New Contributor II

Jean-Pierre, if you can, trying viewing the Chrome developer tools (or other browsers have similar tools) and look at the browser's console while you are waiting at the "Configuration en cours ..." loading screen:

Screen Shot 2017-10-31 at 2.31.48 PM.png

I'm curious if you see:

Using SAW service for edit

Waiting for an app provision response

Start Proxy

... or if your sequence stops earlier and/or if you see any errors mentioned in the browser console.

The states mentioned on the app loading screen while opening an app are:

"Setting up..." / "Configuration en cours..."

"Processing..." / "Traitement en cours..."

"Optimizing..." / "Optimisation en cours..."

"Opening..." / "Ouverture en cours..."

"Complete" / "Opération terminée"

If your apps always fail at the first step... I'm curious if you are able to open any of the demo apps on the site successfully, for example, the "Happiness" app:

https://eu.qlikcloud.com/view/5804221eafe1650001f99941

This could help determine if the issue is with your particular app or something more general with your browser/network setup.

dac
New Contributor II

Perhaps you are having issues with websockets from your computer/network? To help rule out an issue with websocket communication you could check the results you get from some a websocket test page, for example:

For Qlik Sense and qlikcloud.com to operate correctly requires stable websocket connectivity.

jeanpierre640
New Contributor

Thanks Drew for your answer.

In parallel the technical customer support also helped. They figured out that it's an issue with my IT department who blocks some websockets.
I found out the isssue occurs with Chrome but it does not occur with IE11.

Community Browser