Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

danimelo1
New Contributor III

Configure Qlik Sense Enterprise

Hi all,

I am reading this guide; (NEW - June2017) Qlik Sense on Azure Deployment Guide

There is something I don't understand from the documentation so I would be very happy if anyone of you can clarify to me:

From page 22:

To allocate tokens, follow these steps:

c. Select the id you are logged in with (i.e. Administrator), and click Allocate. A ‘Successfully Allocated’ message will display at the bottom of the browser. This is so the administrator always has a license. From a Governance point of view, the ‘administrator’ account should never be used to configure Qlik Sense Enterprise. The configuration should be done using a Qlik Administrator account. The Qlik Sense Administration should log into Windows using that Qlik Sense Administrator account that was created earlier (i.e. QSAdmin).

What is the difference between 'administrator' account and the Qlik Administrator account?

Regards,

Daniel M

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
YoussefBelloum
Esteemed Contributor

Re: Configure Qlik Sense Enterprise

Hi,

I think that the differences is:

"Qlik Administrator account": it is a role on the QMC, there is different type of admin roles, take a look at this:

roles.png

and the administrator is: the system (windows) account that you used to install Qliksense entreprise.

Hope it helps

4 Replies
YoussefBelloum
Esteemed Contributor

Hi,

I think that the differences is:

"Qlik Administrator account": it is a role on the QMC, there is different type of admin roles, take a look at this:

roles.png

and the administrator is: the system (windows) account that you used to install Qliksense entreprise.

Hope it helps

Employee
Employee

Hello Daniel - Youssef is correct - I will post a correct to the documentation to make this clearer.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
danimelo1
New Contributor III

Hi Youssef,

Thanks for your clarification!

YoussefBelloum