Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

beppe_stalbrand
New Contributor

Creating data connection Web File URL HTTPS non standard port

Hi,

I'm trying out Sense Cloud but wasn't able to create a connection to a WEB file with HTTPS on a non standard port.

For an example on the URL HTTPS://example.com:8084/data.csv

I have check if it's the certificate but it works on the standard port 443.

The WEB help doesn't even mention WEB file https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-cloud/Subsystems/CloudHub/Content/LoadData/connect-data-sources.ht...

Any other Qliky format i need to learn for this,

Kind Regards,

Beppe

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
wli
New Contributor

Re: Creating data connection Web File URL HTTPS non standard port

Hi Beppe,

The problem you mentioned above was caused by a security rule set in our cloud, after discussing the issue with our security expert, we've relaxed the settings so that requests addressed to HTTPS servers listening on registered ports can pass through. The fix should be in by end of tomorrow.

Thanks.

5 Replies
MVP
MVP

Hi Beppe,

The online help does have a section where webfile is mention actually - although it is not much help for your case:

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-cloud/Subsystems/CloudHub/Content/DataSource/load-data-from-files....

It might be a bug and as such it should be reported to Qlik support.

A workaround for you would be to use a proxy server to accept 443 connections and forward them to 8084.

Employee
Employee

Hello Beppe - there is an explanation to this and I have also noticed this and brought it up to our products team. I believe there is a solution in the works - but requires manual editing of the data load script - once the web file connection is created. - I have asked the product team to reply to this thread to provide the exact information - however it may be something they added in the web file connector as a patch in a future release. They will let us know more. If we don't hear form them - please reply to the post and I will be notified and follow-up.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
wli
New Contributor

Hi Beppe,

We don't block registered port btw 1024-49151, but we have a black list to block. May I know your URL that you were trying to load data from?

Thanks.

R&D

Qlik

wli
New Contributor

Hi Beppe,

The problem you mentioned above was caused by a security rule set in our cloud, after discussing the issue with our security expert, we've relaxed the settings so that requests addressed to HTTPS servers listening on registered ports can pass through. The fix should be in by end of tomorrow.

Thanks.

beppe_stalbrand
New Contributor

Hi,

Thanks all for the support and thank you Wei Liu. It works just fine now.

Kind regards,

Beppe

Community Browser