Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

Not applicable

DROPBOX import ** How to import data from DROPBOX to QlikSense **

Hi all,

I am trying to add data to my dashboard from DropBox (file is xls), but it is not working.

Can somebody help me which are the steps, how it is working?

I tried based on that vid, but when I opened qlikcloud / My personal data files there wasn't Import file option, what did i do wrong?

Qlik Sense in 60 - Add Data to the Qlik Sense Cloud from Dropbox on a Mobile Device - YouTube

Thanks in advance.

Daniel

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: DROPBOX import ** How to import data from DROPBOX to QlikSense **

Hi Daniel - thanks for the information - this information may help.

1. Galaxy S7 is a mobile device but technically not a tablet or hybrid device - creation capabilities such as attaching files to apps and uploading data do not work in small devices mode nor are they supported. Qlik Sense in 60 - Small Devices Mode - YouTube ‌ if you can try this on an iPad or a tablet then I would be able to troubleshoot this further.

2. Developer Hub is only available in Desktop and Enterprise
  3. New Charts from extensions found in branch are not yet supported in Qlik Sense Cloud - this is something we are looking into.

Thanks for your questions. Let me know if I can assist further.

Hope this helps.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo (@mtarallo) | https://twitter.com/mtarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
5 Replies
Employee
Employee

Hi Daniel,

• What device are you using?
  • Do you have the DropBox app installed and connected?
  • I assume you are using Qlik Sense Cloud? (just checking as we get posts in the wrong place sometimes)

Let me know

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Hi Mike,

That was quick thanks. I am using galaxy S7 (latest Samsung) and has Dropbox installed in that device. Tried it with sense cloud. Another thing which is connecting in that topic am I able to open dev hub for my cloud I want to import new chart and use it when I making new dashboards. I was only manage to open dev hub in sense desktop not in cloud, that could be a problem if I would upload a dashboard made in desktop with new chart types from branch.

Thanks

DanielScreenshot_20170110-202556.png

Employee
Employee

Hi Daniel - thanks for the information - this information may help.

1. Galaxy S7 is a mobile device but technically not a tablet or hybrid device - creation capabilities such as attaching files to apps and uploading data do not work in small devices mode nor are they supported. Qlik Sense in 60 - Small Devices Mode - YouTube ‌ if you can try this on an iPad or a tablet then I would be able to troubleshoot this further.

2. Developer Hub is only available in Desktop and Enterprise
  3. New Charts from extensions found in branch are not yet supported in Qlik Sense Cloud - this is something we are looking into.

Thanks for your questions. Let me know if I can assist further.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo (@mtarallo) | https://twitter.com/mtarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Hi Mike,

I just tried it with lenovoid A7 and it is the same.

Is there a specification which are the supported android devices.1484078425806-192432360.jpg

Employee
Employee

That is a good question - I will find out for you

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Community Browser