Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

vishalgoyal18
New Contributor III

Data Labels in Stacked column Chart

Dear Experts,

I have created a stacked column chart which shows sales figures for 3 different years for each country.

I want to show data lables for each year in the column chart, but Qliksense only allows me to show the data label as total of all the 3 years.

How do i achieve my requirement. Please advise as client needs to see data labels for all 3 years.

Thanks, Vishal.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Data Labels in Stacked column Chart

The bar chart in Qlik Sense does not support labels for the segments of a stacked bar chart.. You cannot achieve your requirement with the standard bar chart. You can use the SenseUI-BarChart extension: GitHub - yianni-ververis/SenseUI-BarChart: A more elegant and mobile friendly bar chart.

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
5 Replies

The bar chart in Qlik Sense does not support labels for the segments of a stacked bar chart.. You cannot achieve your requirement with the standard bar chart. You can use the SenseUI-BarChart extension: GitHub - yianni-ververis/SenseUI-BarChart: A more elegant and mobile friendly bar chart.

vishalgoyal18
New Contributor III

Thanks for quick reply. I will try this extension. Will this extension work in QlikSense basic cloud environment as well ? if yes, how do i see it.

Also, this is std capability in MS Power BI. Any plans of having this as std in QS.

Extensions are not yet supported in Qlik Cloud.

I have no idea if this functionality is on the roadmap for Qlik Sense.

vishalgoyal18
New Contributor III

Thanks Gysbert. It would be really nice if this functionality is provided as this greatly enhances the overall product capabilities.

gsmajdor
Contributor

To be honest - this is a (very bad) joke.

Qlik Sense is trying to be in the top of data visualization tools and it doesn't support basic functionaliteis.

Shame on you, Qlik! It's 2017 (seems QS is in late 90s') and you still haven't implemented any solution.

Community Browser