Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

aviveros93
New Contributor

Edit read-only data connections?

I'm new to Qlik Sense Cloud, and I've created an app which uses a web file as it's data source. This file's URL needs to contain a date range to access the file, and so I would need to change it every day to include yesterday's data.

However, if I try to edit the data connection, it looks like this

Captura.PNG

Is there a way to edit the URL? I've tried writing a simple script to load that same data but I'm getting a "Forbidden" error.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: Edit read-only data connections?

Hi Agustin,

If Your data connection was created from Data manager (as opposed to Data Load Editor) this will happen since the autogenerated script is locked.

If You unlock the script the connection will be possible to edit (or create connection in DLE in the first place).

connection.png

Best Regards

Lucke

2 Replies
Employee
Employee

Hello Agustin

Thanks for your question - I have tried this and my connection is not locked - as my app is not published, I assume your app is published - see the 2 screen shots below - showing different connections - one from an app in my personal workspace and 1 from an app in Qlik Sense Cloud business workspace that has been published. If you unpublish you app from the stream you should be able to edit the connection.

I will look into if there will be an option to edit a working copy of the app and publish over an existing copy that way you don't have to perform the unpublish / publish steps each time a change is needed.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo
Qlik

5-23-2018 12-17-27 PM.png

5-23-2018 12-19-53 PM.png

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Employee
Employee

Hi Agustin,

If Your data connection was created from Data manager (as opposed to Data Load Editor) this will happen since the autogenerated script is locked.

If You unlock the script the connection will be possible to edit (or create connection in DLE in the first place).

connection.png

Best Regards

Lucke