Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

Highlighted
José_Espinoza
New Contributor II

Filter App on access and change filter pane presentation in App

Hi everyone,

I have two questions for Qlik Sense Cloud Business and I hope you can help me out or clarify my doubts.

1. Is there a way to filter an App based on user access? Let's say I have User1 and User2, and StoreA and StoreB, and I want User2 to only see info for StoreB in the App. Is there a way to apply filters based on users when they access the App?

and

2. I know you can't install extensions in Cloud, so I wanted to know if there a way to at least change the filter pane presentation to something like the picture I posted below for the fields "Semestre" and "Mes". "Tipo Tienda" and "Sucursal" are normal filter pane visualizations.

filters.png

That would be it.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

Re: Filter App on access and change filter pane presentation in App

1. I'm afraid you're out of luck. QS Cloud does not support Section Access. So dynamic data reduction based on userid is not possible.

2. Afaik there's only the standard Filter Pane. 

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
3 Replies
MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

1. I'm afraid you're out of luck. QS Cloud does not support Section Access. So dynamic data reduction based on userid is not possible.

2. Afaik there's only the standard Filter Pane. 

José_Espinoza
New Contributor II

Thanks for your answer. I sort of knew it wasn't possible, but I needed confirmation.

A final question would be if these limitations are specified somewhere in the Qlik Sense Cloud Help page.

MVP & Luminary
MVP & Luminary

1. There's this about section access: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-cloud/Subsystems/CloudHub/Content/Sense_Hub/Scripting/Security/man...
2. I found this that mentions extensions, but I think this is not correct: https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-cloud/Subsystems/CloudHub/Content/Sense_Hub/Cloud/upload-app-to-cl...