Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

Not applicable

Has anybody had to connect to a ODBC in the Cloud?

Hi All,  Please tell me, Has anybody had to connect to a ODBC connector for Cloud?

21 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Has anybody had to connect to a ODBC in the Cloud?

Hello Venkat,

Currently the Qlik Sense Cloud only supports the upload of files to your own personal work directory. You can upload any file based data that Qlik supports for free - up to 1GB (note that includes your Qlik Sense apps, so please take that into consideration)

There are discussions to enable other datasources, but ODBC seems unlikely at the moment unless the sources was on the cloud.

If I am misinterpreting your question please let me know. If you can clarify what you mean with some examples that would also be helpful. As you may know you can connect to ODBC data sources using Qlik Sense Desktop and Qlik Sense Enterprise. Example of this can be found here: Loading ODBC and OLE DB Data (video)

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

it's possible make the connection now?

Employee
Employee

Hello Pablo - no, not at the moment - we are making more connectors available soon for web and hosted sources, connecting to an ODBC source on your premise would not be something available immediately as there are many security and network factors to consider.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
cassie_chausse
New Contributor

Hi Mike,

Do you know approximately when this connector will be available in Qlik Cloud ?

Thanks,

Regards,

Cassie

Employee
Employee

Hi Cassie at the moment all I have is that is being considered for sometime next years. Sorry I don't have an exact time-frame.

Regards,

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
alexbjorlig
Contributor

Any updates on this one?

Employee
Employee

Hi Alex - currently for Qlik Sense Cloud Business subscribers - there is the Connector Package which contains the MS SQL Server driver to connect to an on premise of remote MS SQL Server.

You can see a video and learn more about it here:

Qlik Sense Cloud Business Update - MS SQL, Web File and more!

Hope this helps.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
benjimeltzer
New Contributor

Hi Mike

We have a postgresql database hosted on AWS. Is it not possible to connect to this through Qlik Sense Cloud?

It doesn't seem to make sense that a Cloud service can't connect to a Cloud database?

Regards

Benji M

paulopmt1
New Contributor

It would be awesome if i could connect to the mysql / mariadb database. Any prediction for this?

Community Browser