Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

sara_plez
New Contributor III

How QlikSense Cloud Stores the measures using Direct Query?

Dear colleages,

I would like to know more about the behavior of the "direct query" in QlikSense Cloud:

DIRECT QUERY DIMENSION fieldlist [MEASURE fieldlist] [DETAIL fieldlist] FROM tablelist [WHERE where_clause]

Could you please clarify if the data in measures keep when I close the application and I open it again?

My ideal scenario would be:

1. Load the dimensions and measures on my QlikSense cloud application.

2. Click on one chart where i have the measures and dimensions

3. I see that the data in mesures change.

4. I close the session

5. I open the session

6. I dont see data in measures.

Is that scenario possible?

Thank you for your time and best regards.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: How QlikSense Cloud Stores the measures using Direct Query?

Hello Perez - DIRECT QUERY  / DIRECT DISCOVERY is not part of Qlik Sense Cloud - only Qlik Sense Enterprise.

With Qlik Sense Cloud - you simply load the data from the source - and create you apps:

Check these out just in case you need to see the process: New to Qlik Sense Cloud Videos

All the data is loaded and maintained within the app - and will be there when you close and open it again without the need to reload. If you want the latest data / refresh - you must reload the data into the app - Qlik Sense Cloud business allows you to schedule this process.

If I did not address this correctly - please clarify your question.

Here is additional information if you are interested about Direct Discovery.

Direct Query ‒ Qlik Sense

Known as DIRECT DISCOVERY -

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2017/Subsystems/Hub/Content/DirectDiscovery/design-visuali...

Differences between Direct Discovery and in-memory data ‒ Qlik Sense

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

2 Replies
Employee
Employee

Hello Perez - DIRECT QUERY  / DIRECT DISCOVERY is not part of Qlik Sense Cloud - only Qlik Sense Enterprise.

With Qlik Sense Cloud - you simply load the data from the source - and create you apps:

Check these out just in case you need to see the process: New to Qlik Sense Cloud Videos

All the data is loaded and maintained within the app - and will be there when you close and open it again without the need to reload. If you want the latest data / refresh - you must reload the data into the app - Qlik Sense Cloud business allows you to schedule this process.

If I did not address this correctly - please clarify your question.

Here is additional information if you are interested about Direct Discovery.

Direct Query ‒ Qlik Sense

Known as DIRECT DISCOVERY -

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense/September2017/Subsystems/Hub/Content/DirectDiscovery/design-visuali...

Differences between Direct Discovery and in-memory data ‒ Qlik Sense

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

sara_plez
New Contributor III

Thank you for the detailed information Mike!