Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

leejohnson
New Contributor

How can I use ODBC(Postgres) with Sense Cloud?

I've read all the documentation and I still can't figure it out. I'm using Sense Cloud (trial). Is that why?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
leejohnson
New Contributor

Re: How can I use ODBC(Postgres) with Sense Cloud?

OK. So I found this thread that answers the question. Has anybody had to connect to a ODBC in the Cloud?

I would suggest adding this info to the documentation. Also, our db is in the cloud and it makes sense to be able to connect to it. I'll keep looking for solutions.

6 Replies
leejohnson
New Contributor

OK. So I found this thread that answers the question. Has anybody had to connect to a ODBC in the Cloud?

I would suggest adding this info to the documentation. Also, our db is in the cloud and it makes sense to be able to connect to it. I'll keep looking for solutions.

Employee
Employee

Hi Lee - I am assuming you are using Qlik Sense Cloud Business? At this time with Qlik Sense Cloud Business - we can connect to Amazon Redshift and MS SQL server via ODBC - this list is continuing to grow. There are also a number of web connectors available. If you have other sources that are not on this list - then Qlik Sense Enterprise has more data connections.

Let me know if I can help further.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
muratakkemik
New Contributor II

Hi Mike,

I'm using for personal edition. If I use cloud for very limited person, How can I connect to our SQL server from the cloud? Do we need to any tool for that or have your any awesome video for that?

Best

ajj
New Contributor II

Hi Murat, database connectors are only available in Qlik Sense Cloud Business and not the personal (free) workspace. If you wish to connect directly to SQL Server, you can upgrade your account to business account or alternatively, you may export your data to a csv data file and upload the data file into Qlik Cloud personal.

Employee
Employee

Hi Murat - in addition to what Jamie has stated - here is a list of videos that can assist:

Connecting to MS SQL (Qlik Sense Cloud Business):

Qlik Sense Cloud Business - MS SQL Connector (video)

Other videos here:

New to Qlik Sense Cloud Videos

HTH

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
muratakkemik
New Contributor II

Thank you all

Community Browser