Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

Not applicable

How to migrate an qlik sense desktop file to the qlik sense cloud?

Hello, i am a new user of the Qlik Sense platform. I developed my first app in the qliksense desktop, and i have signed for the qlik sense cloud, and i was wondering if i could move the qvf file to the cloud and keep working my development there. I know i can uploda the app, and i did it, but so far i could manage to upload new data to this app, always showing an error message on the data upload. Is there a topic about this?

4 Replies
vdo
New Contributor II

Re: How to migrate an qlik sense desktop file to the qlik sense cloud?

Patrick,

Once you have your apps ready in QS Desktop, please access www.qlikcloud.com and log in.

In your workspace go to New App and Upload an App.

The system will allow you to select your app and upload it to Cloud Business.

Regards,

Viviane Savage

Employee
Employee

HI Patrick,

We need more information on the error when you are uploading the data. Please attach a screen capture and steps as well. Note with Qlik Sense Cloud Basic (free) - you can only upload supported data files and there is a size limit on storage, data file and app sizes.

Please check out these videos as well: New to Qlik Sense Cloud Videos

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Hi Viviane,

The upload is working fine, my problem is to add new data, reload data in the app i have uploaded. Can i do that on the qlik cloud, once the app was built in the desktop?

robert99
Valued Contributor II

Hi Patrick

Not at this point. In other words if your data is on an in-house server it can not be automatically or manually updated direct from the in-house server as it can be manually by using the private edition

One way to work around this issue is to create QVDs using the private edition and manually uploading into the cloud. And then setting up an automatic daily update to run from the manually uploaded QVDs.

TBH it's not ideal. Qlik plan to introduce a direct link. It was I think planned for early 2017 but nothing yet. I'm unsure why it hasn't been done yet.

Community Browser