Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

danimelo1
New Contributor III

Implementing Data reduction in Qlik Sense

I am new on qlik sense and I am trying to implement data reduction with qlik sense, but I have some questions about how to implement and test it:

I load my csv file that look like this:

YearRegionSubregionMarketVolume
2015AMERICANorth AmericaAlabama2.000
2015AMERICASouth AmericaBrazil8.000
2016AMERICANorth AmericaAlabama3.000
2016AMERICASouth AmericaBrazil9.000

And what I want to do is do the data reduction according to the "Market Column". So only peope of Alabama can see 2.000 and 3.000 and so on.

In my script I have this code:

Section Access;

Load * Inline [

ACCESS,USERID,PASSWORD,MARKET

ADMIN,USERADM,Innova00,*

USER,USER1,USER123,ALABAMA

USER,USER2,USER321,BRAZIL

];

Section Application;

Load * Inline [

Market, MARKET

Brazil, BRAZIL

Florida, FLORIDA

];

It doesn't seem to be working. I am using qlik sense cloud business and one of my questions is, how can I test if its working or not?  In the section access, which users should I load? The userid of users that I am going to share the application?

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions

Re: Implementing Data reduction in Qlik Sense

5 Replies

danimelo1
New Contributor III

Hi Bill,

Thanks for your response. So, do you mean it is not posible to perform data reduction with Qlik Sense Cloud? I have the Business License. Or is there any other approach to do this, with my business license?

I primarily use on site Qlik Sense Enterprise Server and have only dabbled with the freebie Qlik Sense Cloud.

The only thing I can think of is to create a seperate App for each Market selecting only that Market's data and then give permission to user to each Market App as per your needs.  Less than ideal but should work in theory, although I make no guarantee as I have never done it.

mf041491
New Contributor

Managing security with section access ‒ Qlik Sense

Section Access is supported, it's just implemented a bit differently.

Employee
Employee

Hi Michael - just for clarity for others seeing this or for those whom stumble across it - our DOC shows:

"Qlik Sense Cloud does not support section access."

The link you provided is not from the Qlik Sense Cloud Doc - but the Qlik Sense Doc - technically the same DOC just with this additional disclaimer.

HTH

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Community Browser