Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

Highlighted
thomas_shimada
New Contributor

Inconsistency in scheduled published data refresh times

Hi,

I have been testing the "Schedule Published Data Refresh" functionality in Qlik Sense Cloud Business for the past two weeks, and have observed inconsistencies in its behavior. This is a key functionality to make the decision to use Cloud Business for my business.

1) While the scheduled time is 7:00 AM, the data refresh never happens at that time. The closest time has been 8:30 AM.

2) Actual times have been in the range of 8:30 AM to 10:05 AM, that is, 1.5 to 3 hours after the scheduled time.

I am on UTC-06:00 time zone.

Can someone provide any insight into this behavior?

Regards

Thomas

3 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Inconsistency in scheduled published data refresh times

Hi Thomas thanks for your question. I am suspect that it is running other jobs in a queue and that the start time is an estimate - though be it not a closely accurate estimate. Let me check with the products team and myself or another will be in touch.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
stingray2017
New Contributor

Hi Michael ,

What's the update on this  ?

I 've been having the same issue. I have been testing QS cloud business since July '18 and the schedule functionality has been a hit and miss.

Sometimes, it works at  the wrong time and other times it doesn't work at all.

Today (21/10) I scheduled it for 11.00am,  and it's nearly 12.00 now  - nothings' happened.

PS, I only have 3  tasks , which doesn't last 30sec each.

Regards

Stanley

Employee
Employee

Hello Stanley - I did more information on this - these are all put in a queue and they are dependent on other jobs finishing - I am not sure if anything can be done about this and I too would be frustrated. Can you please take a look at this post and log a case:

Found a bug or a product related problem? You can open a case!

EDIT: I also contact the engineering team just in case there is an issue.

Let me know how you do.

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik