Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

kenr169387
New Contributor

Incremental Loading in Cloud

I am currently evaluating Qlik Cloud for my company's use.  I've been able to implement incremental loading in View and Sense, but while attempting this in Cloud I get the error: "Failed to open file in write mode for file." 

Basic Script is:

Table1:

LOAD

a

b

c

FROM [lib://qlikID/FileName1.QVD] (qvd);

Concatenate (Table1)

LOAD

a

b

c

FROM [lib://qlikID/FileName1.XML] ((XmlSimple, table is [DataSet Name/Table Name]);

STORE Table1 into [lib://qlikID/FileName1.QVD] (qvd);

Can anyone help identify my error?

Thank you, Ken

Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: Incremental Loading in Cloud

Hi Ken,

That is because I believe write / update mode capabilities (such as using the STORE command) are not available on Qlik Cloud. The only solution at this time would be to use Qlik Sense Enterprise Server. I will do some more research and get back to you if I hear differently.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
11 Replies
Employee
Employee

Hi Ken,

That is because I believe write / update mode capabilities (such as using the STORE command) are not available on Qlik Cloud. The only solution at this time would be to use Qlik Sense Enterprise Server. I will do some more research and get back to you if I hear differently.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
kenr169387
New Contributor

Hello Mike, thank you for your answer.  Please let me know if you find out differently because it will be factor in my evaluation.

Thanks again,

Ken 

Employee
Employee

Hi Ken, I just heard back from our Cloud team and as I suspected it is not allowable to use certain commands that write out to the shared disk on the hosted server, however we are opening up the possibility for the future I just don't have time-frames or product release information.

You may want to look into Enterprise Server - it is not licensed by server / cpu - it is licensed by tokens (allowing an organization to manage their own software usage and its quite affordable I am told)

let me know if you would like any more information.

Kind Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
allotpayg
New Contributor II

Hi Mike,

Nearly a year (or a microsecond in your world!) has passed since this questions was asked, so I am just checking whether this feature was incorporated into Cloud.

I am also after the same feature and I would like to save the data file in the cloud.

Regards,

Kundan

Employee
Employee

Hello Allot - thanks for reaching out  - this did work at one time - but it was disabled - I am working with the products team to understand the future plans of this.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
neale1970
New Contributor III

Hi Michael,

I am trying to implement an incremental load for my Cloud app. Can't seem to use the STORE command . Reading this post I suspect its because this is not available yet in CLOUD. Is this correct ?

Regards,

Neale

Employee
Employee

Hi Neale - at this time - this does not work - I am told they are looking into making this available. If I hear anything sooner - I will update this thread.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
neale1970
New Contributor III

OK thanks for confirming Michael.

KR

Neale

On 25 August 2017 at 14:19, Michael Tarallo <qcwebmaster@qlikview.com>

gthakkar
New Contributor

Hi Michael,

I also want to implement incremental load in qlik sense cloud business version.

Looking into the above conversion, it seems there is no way currently to do so in cloud.

However, I have came across these Qlik Sense Cloud help articles where it is mentioned that we can acheive this using QVD file and it can be created using either STORE or BUFFER command.

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-cloud/Subsystems/CloudHub/Content/LoadData/use-QVD-files-incrementa...

http://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-cloud/Subsystems/CloudHub/Content/Scripting/work-with-QVD-files.htm

So, I am still hoping for a way if these articles are not outdated. Please share your views.

Community Browser