Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

Is it possible to update a shared app with a newer version?

I saw the Cloud introduction video. Great stuff. It did bring a question to my mind. Is it possible to update a shared app with a newer version? Or would I have to remove/disable the app, upload the new version and then re-invite people to share the new version?

edit: I suppose the Register page already answers this with the checkbox for the option "I would like to receive email notifications when apps in my streams are updated."

Message was edited by: Gysbert Wassenaar

talk is cheap, supply exceeds demand
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: Is it possible to update a shared app with a newer version?

Hello Gysbert,

Glad to hear from you and that you enjoyed the video. At this time you would have to un-publish the app and upload a newer / refreshed copy - you can also just upload the same app - and there is an option to replace it:

4-27-2015 7-32-37 AM.png

Hope this helps.

Please mark the discussion Correct or Helpful so our other members and staff know that your question has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
10 Replies
Employee
Employee

Hello Gysbert,

Glad to hear from you and that you enjoyed the video. At this time you would have to un-publish the app and upload a newer / refreshed copy - you can also just upload the same app - and there is an option to replace it:

4-27-2015 7-32-37 AM.png

Hope this helps.

Please mark the discussion Correct or Helpful so our other members and staff know that your question has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

Hi Mike,

Thank you for your clear answer. Do I understand correctly that replacing an app is not the same as updating an app? And therefore that the option "I would like to receive email notifications when apps in my streams are updated." won't have any effect at this time?

Regards,

Gysbert

Employee
Employee

Hi Gysbert - quite welcome. They are the same. Currently if the same app is replaced, puboished - the person who has share access to the app will get a notification. It seems the notification only works when the app is published or overwritten and the same notification is received.

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

That's good to hear. Thanks for the clarification.

AlexOmetis
Contributor II

This functionality has now changed and there no longer appears to be a way to overwrite an app, you just have to remove the old one and add the new... unless I'm missing something? Seems a shame as sometimes you might want to share a direct link to the app, which would then break if you couldn't overwrite it...

Not applicable

I can't find a way of doing it either. I would like to see the overwrite function reinstated.

Employee
Employee

Hi Guys - let me see what the plan is here - I see exactly what you mean.

kha‌ 0 any ideas?

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
shl
Contributor

Hello Gysbert, Alex, and Patrick,

We are in the process of developing capabilities to automate data reloads for apps that may continue to exist in a published state instead of the 'Replace' functionality.  Users would receive notifications that an update to the data has occurred in this case.  Does this functionality align with the system behavior you are seeking?

Sarah Kohler

Qlik Cloud Product Manager

That's something different, but very welcome nonetheless. What we're looking for is a way to update the app itself, not the data, without having to remove the app from Qlik Cloud first. Something like this, but in the other direction.

Community Browser