Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

Not applicable

Issue when loading data on Qlik Cloud from a PostGreSQL database

Hi everyone,

I am using Qlikcloud business (since today) and I get an error when I try to refresh data in an app (right click => refresh data). When I go inside the app, in the script, and try to refresh, the error says that Qlik is unable to reach my PostgreSQL database (Could not fetch connection by name using identifier), so I believe that I have to allow the access to a particular IP address ? Which one ?

I have no issue when refreshing data on Qlik Sense Desktop from my PostGreSQL database.

Thank you for your help !

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
robert99
Valued Contributor II

Re: Issue when loading data on Qlik Cloud from a PostGreSQL database

Hi Ronan

I think the connection options are still fairly limited at this points. As far as I'm aware you can

• Connect to files. These files can be uploaded for all apps in a workspace (Data Files uploaded Hub --> Import Data) or just for this App (Attached files uploaded using Attached Files)
  • Connect to Sales force or Qlik Data Market (using menu --> add data OR Navigation--> Data Manager)

Qlik plan to introduce other options during 2017 including an upload from an in house server option. Until then I plan to create QVDs and save to a folder using the private edition and then manually upload the QVD's all at once. I might set up an incremental load option

Another option if it involves only one App is to update using the private edition. And then delete the App on the server and reload. If I can get the QVD option above working this seems preferable though.

3 Replies
robert99
Valued Contributor II

Hi Ronan

I think the connection options are still fairly limited at this points. As far as I'm aware you can

• Connect to files. These files can be uploaded for all apps in a workspace (Data Files uploaded Hub --> Import Data) or just for this App (Attached files uploaded using Attached Files)
  • Connect to Sales force or Qlik Data Market (using menu --> add data OR Navigation--> Data Manager)

Qlik plan to introduce other options during 2017 including an upload from an in house server option. Until then I plan to create QVDs and save to a folder using the private edition and then manually upload the QVD's all at once. I might set up an incremental load option

Another option if it involves only one App is to update using the private edition. And then delete the App on the server and reload. If I can get the QVD option above working this seems preferable though.

Employee
Employee

It's not possible to load data from a database into a Qlik Sense Cloud app currently.

More about available data sources in Qlik Sense Cloud:

Connecting to data sources ‒ Qlik Sense Cloud

Employee
Employee

Hello Ronan - Robert and Ralf are correct - please take a look at this video to learn more:

Qlik Sense Cloud - Importing and working with data (video)

Regards,

Mike T  

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Community Browser