Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

Not applicable

It is possible to print on Qlik Sense Cloud? (Existe a possibilidade de impressão no Qlik Sense Cloud?)

I wonder if I have to print or pass the file to PDF in Qlik Sense Cloud

Translated with Google Translate - Qlik Community Administrative Team

Gostaria de saber se tem como eu imprimir ou passar o arquivo para pdf no Qlik Sense Cloud

5 Replies
Not applicable

Re: It is possible to print on Qlik Sense Cloud? (Existe a possibilidade de impressão no Qlik Sense Cloud?)

Hi Matheus,

From Qlik Sense Cloud you have a few printing options:

• Right-click on an object and select either Export as an Image or Export to PDF;
  • Use your browsers print option keeping in mind the quality of layout will depend upon how your browser handles printing; and
  • From the menu button (top left of screen next to Navigation button) select Export Sheet to PDF.

Hope this helps.

Rod

kevinpintokpa
Contributor II

Re: It is possible to print on Qlik Sense Cloud? (Existe a possibilidade de impressão no Qlik Sense Cloud?)

Hi Rod,

I tried doing this today with this demo app: https://qlikcloud.com/view/55df9f75cb43ce446f678d65

But no print option appears.  If I right-click on an object, I only get Navigation and Sharing.

Kevin

rjager

Not applicable

Hi Kevin,

I checked again and this only works from apps in your personal cloud.  Not sure whether the case when I originally responded or whether that has always been the case.  Apologies for the confusion though...

If you still want to use this feature for a public app you will need to duplicate it to your private stream first.  I posted a response on how to do duplicate a Qlik Cloud app here:  Demo: howto

Hope this helps.

Rod

kevinpintokpa
Contributor II

Thanks, Rod.

What is the reason for printing and exporting to be disabled for apps in the public cloud?  It seems to greatly diminish the utility of the public cloud.

I am producing a proof of concept for a potential client here: https://qlikcloud.com/view/55df9f75cb43ce446f678d65

But without printing or export, the app is useless for the user base, and I suspect this will be widespread.

Not applicable

Hi Kevin,

Sorry, I am still unable to see an app when I try your link. I think you may need to actively share it with me by using one of the invitations in your Shared apps stream.

As for the logic behind the "Export to PDF" settings, I'm not sure however I would recommend providing Qlik with feedback.

If you are working on a POC and you really need this functionality then I would recommend arranging for a trial license of Qlik Sense and temporarily provisioning it on an AWS instance.  This is a very simple process using the Qlik Deployment Console.

Hope this helps.

Rod

Community Browser