Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

denishabitat
New Contributor II

MS Access Database in Qlik Sense Cloud

Hello Community.

Is it possible to connect MS Access database to Qlik Sense Cloud?

There is no ODBC connector so I am wondering if this is possible or on the way?

Please let me know.

Thanks

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: MS Access Database in Qlik Sense Cloud

Hello Denis,

Not at this time - we are releasing more ODCB connectivity in the cloud (currently MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL) - but I don't think MS Access will be one of them. I will check. However, you can use Qlik Sense Desktop (download install locally) to do this - let me know if you would like more information.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

5 Replies
Employee
Employee

Hello Denis,

Not at this time - we are releasing more ODCB connectivity in the cloud (currently MS SQL, Oracle, PostgreSQL) - but I don't think MS Access will be one of them. I will check. However, you can use Qlik Sense Desktop (download install locally) to do this - let me know if you would like more information.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

denishabitat
New Contributor II

Thanks for replay Michael.

This is unfortunate as I have some small business clients who use Access as there database and are interested in Qlik Sense Cloud, but now I have to find other solutions for them.

Thanks anyway.

Partner
Partner

Hi Michael,

Based on the above input which version of QlikSense cloud started support for on-premise MS SQL connectivity?

Thanks,

JD

Employee
Employee

Hi Jigesh - Qlik Sense Cloud does not really follow the same release scheme as the other products as we have a continue release cycle with features and improvements being added weekly if / when needed. However, it did come in around the Qlik Sense 3.2 release timeframe.

Qlik Sense Cloud Business - MS SQL Connector (video)

Hope this helps

Regards,

Mike T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Partner
Partner

Hi Mike,

Thank you for the information.