Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

Not applicable

Percentage Values Obviously Incorrect

Hi Everyone,

I'm still fairly new to Qlik so please bear with me through this;

I'm putting together an app that tracks opportunities and sales with an annual comparison element. As part of that I'm trying to create an expression that shows the success rate via a gauge. My expression is currently Sum([Sales Closed]/([Opps Created]-[Future Opps])) and I have formatted it to show the result as a percentage. However, the result is 11155% when I know it should be 39%.

I've tried adding the Num function to the expression but it hasn't changed anything. Am I missing something obvious?

Any help you could give would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jvitantonio
Valued Contributor III

Re: Percentage Values Obviously Incorrect

Hello Andrew,

Without having any understanding of your model or requirement, I believe you want to do something slighthly different.

Your current expression is first evaluating [Sales Closed]/[Opps Created] and it then extracts [Future Opps]. I think what you want to do is the following:

=sum([Sales Closed])/(sum([Opps Created]) - sum([Future Opps]))

Let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Juan

2 Replies
jvitantonio
Valued Contributor III

Hello Andrew,

Without having any understanding of your model or requirement, I believe you want to do something slighthly different.

Your current expression is first evaluating [Sales Closed]/[Opps Created] and it then extracts [Future Opps]. I think what you want to do is the following:

=sum([Sales Closed])/(sum([Opps Created]) - sum([Future Opps]))

Let me know if it works.

Thanks,

Juan

Not applicable

Hi Juan,

That worked perfectly!

Thanks,

Andrew

Community Browser