Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

Sebastiaan
New Contributor II

Pivot table columns very wide when adding a dimension to the measurements

Dear all,

I have a pivot table with project related measures like revenue budget, cost budget, revenue realization, cost realization, etc.
In this pivot I'd like to add some additional information regarding the project. Think of the account, type (fixed/time & material), status (Active/Inactive), etc.
Preferably not as a dimension or as part of a dimension "string", but as a separate column.
I can add these as a measure and the program suggests to wrap it in an aggregation function like sum() or count().

If I remove these aggregation functions it will set the width of all measure columns very, very wide and equal width.

qlik1.png

I tried to tackle this with some string functions, but this doesn't have any effect.

Any ideas on how to add "dimensions" as measures in a pivot table without getting these wide columns?

Kind regards.

2 Replies

Re: Pivot table columns very wide when adding a dimension to the measurements

I think you have not  named your  Measure because of which its taking it is taking the definition of  the measure ...

Add Name of the  measure that should work I guess 

Highlighted
Sebastiaan
New Contributor II

Re: Pivot table columns very wide when adding a dimension to the measurements

Hi Avinashelite,

Thanks for the suggestion! I left the formula there so you could see what I tried...:-)
Before posting the question I fiddled around with all sorts of settings for the measurement, but nothing works so far.
Including naming the measurement.

Kind regards.