Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

Not applicable

Possible to connect to PostgreSQL in Cloud Business?

Hi there,

i am a little confused about the connectors that are available to Qlik Sense Cloud Business. Am i able, beside MS SQL Server, to connect to a remote Database such as postgreSQL? Via ODBC? Does the daily data refresh work with it?

Thanks in advance

5 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Possible to connect to PostgreSQL in Cloud Business?

Hello Fabian,

At this time - only MS SQL is available - however there are plans to add more connectors to this ODBC connector package.

Qlik Sense Cloud Business currently has:

REST, MS SQL, Salesforce, Web File (coming soon)

and Web Connectors:

New to Qlik Sense Cloud Videos

There are some videos at the above link that can give you a brief demonstration.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
nicolas_alpaca
New Contributor

This is quite disappointing; I had wrongly thought that our tests in Qlik Sense Desktop could be easily translated to Qlik Sense Business. When can we expect the connectors to be released?

Employee
Employee

Hi Nicolas - shortly - I was just informed this morning during a briefing - I don't have a date, but I was told new connectivity - including Oracle and PostgreSQL will be available via the ODBC package - similar to what is used for MS SQL with Qlik Sense Cloud Business. So technically any app from Desktop can be uploaded to Qlik Sense Cloud and shared - you just would not be able to REFRESH or RELOAD that app in Qlik Sense Cloud - if the connector was not available. With Qlik Sense Enterprise - the same connectivity exists. Qlik Sense Cloud requires a bit more finesse before activating many of the connectors. HTH

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
nicolas_alpaca
New Contributor

Hi Mike, thanks a lot for your very quick response. I am glad to hear that it will shortly be released. As you mention, I can already reupload my dashboard from Qlik Sense Desktop to Cloud; I was only interested in Qlik Sense Business for the automated data refresh. We will stick with Cloud and we will keep an eye on the next releases!

Best regards,

Nicolas

Employee
Employee

No problem at all - well, don't blink or you may miss it - I am told could be end of Feb or Early march - (fingers crossed) - have a good one and thanks for your question!

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Community Browser