Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Honored Contributor III

Qlik Cloud limitations or not updated?

Hi all

I got the news about continous scaling for time related dimensions on bar chart and combo chart with big smile on my face. I played with it on my desktop and wanted to share it with my colegues so i have udated my app to cloud and then... bugger - it does not work in cloud

Question is:

• Is the Qlik Cloud not beeing updated to newest version as it gets released?
  • Are there any other limitations on Free Cloud service apart from:
    • not supported reloads using connectors other than preloaded files and market
    • not supported extensions
    • file size limit?

To me this is another one on the list unless we have to wait for it to get updated. What it is then?

thank you

Lech

cheers Lech
When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution.
Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem.
Tags (1)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: Qlik Cloud limitations or not updated?

Hello Lech and et al,

Qlik Sense Cloud use a continuous development methodology - so daily, weekly, monthly, - fixes, capabilities and features are added that support the QSC infrastructure, governance, security, performance, usability etc. Since QSC depends on Qlik Sense software to be released, it does not always match the release schedule of the updates provided in Desktop and Enterprise. I will inquire and see if there is a time-frame for these updates to take place and update you.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
6 Replies
Not applicable

HI Lech,

qlik sense cloud don't support ex tensione.

Paolo

Lech_Miszkiewicz
Honored Contributor III

Hi

I know i does not and i have written it in my post as one of limitations i was aware of.

My questions was regarding continous scaling on bar/combo chart which is available in desktop but not in cloud

2016-12-08_9-50-45.png

cheers Lech
When applicable please mark the correct/appropriate replies as "solution" (you can mark up to 3 "solutions". This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution.
Please LIKE threads if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem.
robert99
Valued Contributor II

"Is the Qlik Cloud not being updated to newest version as it gets released?"

I've had this issue in the past. It eventually catches up but it can be annoying not knowing how long the delay is going to be

Employee
Employee

Hello Lech and et al,

Qlik Sense Cloud use a continuous development methodology - so daily, weekly, monthly, - fixes, capabilities and features are added that support the QSC infrastructure, governance, security, performance, usability etc. Since QSC depends on Qlik Sense software to be released, it does not always match the release schedule of the updates provided in Desktop and Enterprise. I will inquire and see if there is a time-frame for these updates to take place and update you.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Lech_Miszkiewicz
Honored Contributor III

Thanks Michael,

despite the fact that i have marked your answer as correct could you please confirm how long usually is a offset between QS Desktop/Enterprise release and Cloud update?

have a nice weekend everyone!

Cheers

cheers Lech
Employee
Employee

Hi Lech - under most circumstances we strive to get cloud updated at the same time, but that does not always happen.

Thanks for your support.

Mike

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Community Browser