Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

ziadm
Valued Contributor

Qlik Data Market

For some reason I do not have the Qlik Data Market in the Add data Menu.  Appreciate assistance

9 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Qlik Data Market

Hello Ziad

Which product - Qlik Sense or QlikView? - I assume you mean QlikView as there is a separate connector that you must install for that. You can get it here: Qlik Connector Packages

(Qlik Sense has it automatically integaretd with the product.)

Also check out this video to learn more: QlikView - Using Qlik DataMarket

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Let us know how you do.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
ziadm
Valued Contributor

Hi Micheal

I am delivering Qliksense workshop and one of the trainee

have qliksense 2.1 installed and strangely does not have Qlik Market connector

I am not sure if this settings.ini  or Qlik market must be installed

Thanks Micheal

Employee
Employee

Ah - is this Qlik Sense Server?

You don't see this when adding data: ?

I just tested this with a regular user and this displays.

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
ziadm
Valued Contributor

Hi Micheal

Yes , I do not see the Qlik Market icon when adding data .. Sorry I do not have a screen shot but i can get you a screen shot if you want.  This is really strange

I am getting only one icopn connect my data

Thanks Micheal

Not applicable

I have the same problem: how can I solve and enable Qlik Market icon ?

It's need to install a connector ?

Employee
Employee

Hello Ziad - sorry for the delay - have you identified the issue? - The only thing I can think of, is IF you are using Qlik Sense Server, access to DataMarket may be controlled within the security rules of the management console. By default it should be there. I have added HjalmarGislason‌ - to the thread to see if he is aware of why this would not show up.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Hi Mike, Hjalmar,

I have Qlik Sense (QS) Server installed on my laptop. I have issue connecting to DataMarket using QS Desktop.

With reference to the picture below, the categories do not show up when I click on "Qlik DataMarket" like they usually do in QS Enterprise.

How can I enable QS Desktop to be connected to DataMarket using the Server's management console's Data connections or security rules?

Thanks a lot for addressing this

Best,

Nick

QlikDataMarket.png

Employee
Employee

Hi Nic, Desktop only has access to the free Qlik DataMarket services and does not use any of the server's license or security information. However, you should still be getting the default free categories and the list of the premium categories. I am wondering if the firewall is blocking some service / port for localhost.

I added HjalmarGislason‌ to the thread so he can see that you referenced him.

Regards,

Mike T

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
undergrinder
Valued Contributor II

Hi Ziad,

1. Open QMC
  2. Go to License
  3. Select Qlik Data Market