Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

Not applicable

Qlik Sense Cloud Business connection to mySQL

Hi all,

I'm a Qlil Cloud Business Suscriber and I want to develop an app in the browser (not in desktop). The data is in a MySQL database, but I don't see any driver to connect, the only option that is available is a SQL OBDC

There is ay way to connect to a MySQL througt the browser?

Thanks!

Tags (2)
7 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Qlik Sense Cloud Business connection to mySQL

Hello David,

Thanks for your question.

Not at this time, however we are working on other ODBC connectors for QSCB - so stay tuned.

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

antoniotiman
Honored Contributor III

Hi David,

You can dowload Driver ODBC from this Link

MySQL :: Download Connector/ODBC

and configure in Data Source

Regards,

Antonio

Employee
Employee

Hello Antonio - we appreciate your help - but David is inquiring about Qlik Sense Cloud business - not desktop. He does not have access to install ODBC drivers in our hosted system. Just wanted to clarify.

antoniotiman
Honored Contributor III

Ok, my bad.

Regards,

Antonio

Employee
Employee

Not applicable

Thanks Michael & Antonio

Yes, I need it in Sense Cloud not in the desktop.

I have a previous version of the APP, developed on the desktop, and there I can connect to MySQL with any problems, but now I need to move it to the cloud (and load it there) and that's where I find  the problem

There is not any walk arround? If the datbase have to be migrated to a SQL envoroment it Will be a problema!

Thnaks

Employee
Employee

Unfortunately no - as cloud does not have that data source (MySQL) yet - but thinking out loud here -  the only other option I can think of - is if the MySQL (hosted / cloud) database you are using - has a RESTful interface enabled as explained here: MySQL Offers a REST API

If that is the case - you may be able to use the REST Connector instead, but you would need to know how to configure the appropriate end points, authentication, parameters etc. just a thought.

I have a video and a longer webinar where I show how to use the REST Connector here:

Qlik Sense REST Connector - Pagination and Linking JSON Schemas

Main index: New to Qlik Sense Videos

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik