Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

Sebastiaan
New Contributor II

Qlik Sense Cloud Business -> The following error occurred: Cannot open file: 'lib://Data files/filename.xlsx'

Dear community,

This is my first contribution to the community.

I really enjoy Qlik Sense Desktop and Qlik Sense Cloud so far.

I'm working on an app for a customer with a Qlik Sense Cloud Business subscription.

In their profile we created a workspace.

Within this workspace we have several apps.

For one of the apps I've uploaded an Excel file in the same workspace and it shows up in the "Data files" section.

Within the "Data load editor" of the app I can link this file in the section "Data files".

The program generates the script for setting up the connection and to load the data.

This only works once.

If I want to load the data again this error message comes up:

"The following error occurred: Cannot open file: 'lib://Data files/filename.xlsx'"

When I try "edit connection" the following error message appears: "Access is denied".

And when I try to use "Select data" I get the message "Invalid path".

I've checked this with two other different Business Accounts for different customers and get the same result.

Any suggestions?

Kind regards,

Sebastiaan

Dataspark.nl

8 Replies
harm_snaphaan
New Contributor II

Re: Qlik Sense Cloud Business -> The following error occurred: Cannot open file: 'lib://Data files/filename.xlsx'

Hi Sebastiaan,

I'm having the same problem with different accounts, but unfortunately don't have a solution. Hope this issue will be fixed as soon as possible!

Harm

Employee
Employee

Re: Qlik Sense Cloud Business -> The following error occurred: Cannot open file: 'lib://Data files/filename.xlsx'

Hi Sebastian,

Edit connection button should not be accessible here.

The "Data files" entry should have greyed out Edit and Dustbin icons as this entry is tied to Your account and is read only. This is what it *should* look like, only the leftmost icon should be clickable for "Data files" ;

icons.jpg

So if Your edit button (the pencil) is not greyed out and You click it it is expected that You get the response that You do. I have reported the fact that they are not always greyed out internally some time ago - I will bump it .

As to why Your file can not be accessed when You run Your load script, I can not reproduce that?

Can You create a new app that just loads a small excel-file with some random data successfully (to rule out that it has anything to do with the file contents or filename)?

Best Regards

//Lucke

Sebastiaan
New Contributor II

Hi Lucke,

Thank you for your response!

Maybe I wasn't clear enough, but this question is not about my own "Free" subscription, but is about the "Business" subscription that is used by our customers.

Can you please check my question in the "Business" subscription?

Thanks in advance,

Sebastiaan

Dataspark.nl

cwk
New Contributor III

I have tried to reproduce this in Business - and could not get the error you described.

I agree with Lucke Hallbergson - i was able to edit the pencil button and see the datafiles connection - this should be grayed out as the Data FIles connection doesnt need to be changed.

as for the Data not reloading a second time - my data reloaded without an issue.

If you feel there is an error - please log a ticket Customer Support and our support team can help out.

Cheers.

Highlighted
Sebastiaan
New Contributor II

Hi there Carson,

Thank you for checking it out as well.

We've tried it again in multiple different subscriptions and it works again.

You're colleagues probably solved this litte issue over the weekend...

Thanks again for your time!

Kind regards,

Sebastiaan

Dataspark.nl

Luka
New Contributor III

Hi Carson,

I've been facing this issue for about 2 days now (new user here).

Tried different file types (XLSM, XLSX) with no success.

The files load ok, data is in the app - but when go back to my data manager, I am unable to access the file.

Error: Cannot Open File: 'lib://Data Files/filename.xlsm'

Screenshot attached for reference, any help is appreciated.

Current QSCB subscriber.

Note that I tested in my "Personal Space" and i don't get this error, only in my "Group Space"

sample.png

cwk
New Contributor III

If you feel there is an error - please log a ticket Customer Support and our support team can help out.

Or

please email cloudsuccess@qlik.com & one of my team members will help you out.

one thing to note - if you load data in the app itself - the data is part of that app & is part of the Attached Files section.

if you load data into the Data Files (within the Cloud Business Hub) this data can be access by any app. 

Error: Cannot Open File: 'lib://Data Files/filename.xlsm' tells me that your app is expecting 'filename.xlsm' to be uploaded to the data files section of the Cloud Business Hub so when it refreshes is can pull the data from there.  it doesnt seem to find it.

i recommend trying to load the data from the Data Load Editor - this way you can see the script & where the error is.  there might a load script in there that is attempting this data load.

Carson

Luka
New Contributor III

Thanks Carson for replying back so promptly.

I usually load data into the Data Files (within the Cloud Business Hub).

Tried doing this with my Personal space and everything works perfect.

When doing in my "Group" space, it's a hit and miss and with different files types as well.

I'll try reaching out to the Customer Support, hopefully someone can take a look and identify if it is a technical issue or not.

Many thanks once again

Nader