Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

MVP
MVP

Qlik Sense Cloud - User access to apps

I want the user to have access to the app 1

and the user B app 2

Should I put the app in two different streams?

Is there something similar to the section access to limit visibility to the app?

In the future there will be a way to manage apps access at a more granular level?

8 Replies
mmt
New Contributor III

Re: Qlik Sense Cloud - User access to apps

Hi Massimo,

That is correct, you can control who sees what App by placing the App in one of the 3 streams available in Qlik Sense Cloud Business.  Here is a short video that shows you how.  Qlik Sense Cloud Business: working with users or groups - YouTube

Right now we do not have section access available in Qlik Sense Cloud Business.  If you need that level of governance Qlik Sense Cloud Enterprise has that capability.

Does that answer your question?

Warm regards,

Melissa Spires

Manager - Global Cloud Success Team at Qlik

MVP
MVP

Yes, that answers.

aspitaleri
New Contributor

Dear Melissa. For customers who want to use Qlik in the cloud and share applications larger than 500 MB. I understand that you must use Qlik Sense Enterprise. What difference does it make with on premise licenses? Is it  now available? How to hire for companies? Thank you very much

mmt
New Contributor III

Hi Adrian - thank you for your post.  That is correct, for full Qlik Sense Enterprise capabilities in the Cloud a Qlik Sense Enterprise license can be purchased and then hosted in a cloud of your choosing either private or via Azure, AWS etc,  This is available today.  If you would like more information, please email us at CloudSuccess@Qlik.com and we can schedule a call to discuss.

Warm regards,

Melissa Spires

Manager - Global Cloud Success Team at Qlik

g_fernandez_l
New Contributor

Hi Melissa in Qlik Cloud Business i can manage security with section  using domain  QLIKCLOUD and UserId=qlikid_xxxxx.

Best regards,

Gonzalo

mmt
New Contributor III

Hi Gonzalo - I'm sorry I do not understand your question? 

There is no section access available in Qlik Sense Cloud Business.  In Qlik Sense Cloud Business the way you restrict access is by managing Editor or Viewer rights and access to the streams from within the manage members and settings - see below.

Capture.JPG

g_fernandez_l
New Contributor

Hi Melissa.

I Can manage Section Access in Qlik Sense Cloud with the following Section Access Script.

section access;

LOAD * inline [

ACCESS, USERID,REDUCTION, OMIT

ADMIN, QLIKCLOUD\qlikid_g.fernandez.l,1,

];

section application;

T1:

LOAD *,

NUM AS REDUCTION;

LOAD

Chr( RecNo()+ord('A')-1) AS ALPHA,

RecNo() AS NUM

AUTOGENERATE 3;

shl
Contributor

Hi Gonzalo!  Our Qlik Sense experts are always finding new ways to use our products and we love it!  But I do want to make sure you understand that Section Access is not a feature we consider available in QSCB.  This means that if you are able to use our technology to get the result you want - great!  However, we do not suggest it is a supported feature, nor ensure the same programmatic security that we offer in Qlik Sense Enterprise.

Please make sure to test for positive and negative user specific test cases for any solution you build to make sure your solution is behaving as you intend.  You will also want to make sure to understand behavior for any users added or removed, and the relationship to your app. 

Qlik has not intended, tested, or able to support your use of this feature within this subscription level but we do want to see you building successful solutions so please test test test! 

Regards,

Sarah Kohler

Director, Product Management, Qlik Cloud

Community Browser