Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

zetaerre
New Contributor II

Qlik Sense on Amazon AWS VPC

Hi Guys,

we're facing an issue on Amazon Virtual Private Cloud. The installation in on a Windows 2012 Server with firewall turned off. In front of we've configured (traffic is open on port 443, 4244, 80 e 4248 ) the AWS load balancer to reach Sense machine from Internet. We've no problem to connect to the Qlik hub from the local network, but  trying to connect to it via public network an issue is raised. After login form the hub report to have lost the connection.

Somebody have a solution to solve this issue?

Regards

Roberto

7 Replies
alexometis
Contributor II

Re: Qlik Sense on Amazon AWS VPC

There are actually quite a range of ports you may need to open up. We've found that we needed to have 443, 80, 4244 and 4248 that you have, but also 4241, 4242, 5050 and 5051 when deploying to AWS. One of my colleagues,  Chris_Johnson‌ has done a fair bit of work on this and may be able to advise further.

chris_johnson
Contributor II

Hi Roberto,

The ports I have opened in the past when using AWS are 83, 443,4200-5200. I would try opening these port ranges and see if that helps.

Chris

zetaerre
New Contributor II

Hi Guys,

unfortunately open the ports on AWS load balancer do not sort the expected result.

Enabling firefox Firebug report this error:

Firefox can't establish connection with server wss://qliksense.techedgegroup.it/app/engineData?reloadUri=https://qliksense.techedgegroup.it/hub/?qlikTicket=XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

https://qliksense.techedgegroup.it/resources/assets/hub/hub.js??1448626059031 on line 24

Any clue ?

Regards.

r.

vijendar_reddy
New Contributor

Hi Roberto

Did this get solved? I am facing a similar issue...

regards

Vijay

zetaerre
New Contributor II

Hi Vijay,

no I didn't follow this issue anymore. Sorry.

Regards

r.

neo_lee
New Contributor III

Amazon VPC is abit tricky with QLiksense, you need to make sure route table is explicitly connected to each subnet, else it wont work, if you need your QS server to be public.

niraj8241
New Contributor

Let me know if you need details on it. I have configure it to be working inside a VPC and behind ELB too.

--

Niraj

Community Browser