Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

Highlighted
kosta123
New Contributor II

QlikCloud connection to BigQuery

Good morning, I'm trying to connect QlikCloud to BigQuery dataset but when I authorise oauth request and paste token back into QlikCloud and click Validate, the spinner starts and hangs like there indefinitely. Has anyone managed to get connector working? Thanks in advance!

7 Replies
kosta123
New Contributor II

Re: QlikCloud connection to BigQuery

Now trying to connect from desktop app but same result - spinner and no feedback (no error or anything). Can someone have a look? People in Support: Giuseppe Novello

cwk
New Contributor III

one suggestion - create the data connection through the Data Load Editor - not through Data Manager.   This way, when you Reload the data - it will show you how many lines are being returned vs just a spinner.....at least you can see it just might be taking a long time -but its working vs sitting idle not knowing.

Have you taken a look at our help site Re: BigQuery?

https://help.qlik.com/en-US/connectors/Subsystems/Web_Connectors_help/Content/Data-Source-Connectors...

There are quota limits - this might be why the it continues to spin.

Quotas and Limits

There are some limits to the size of the queries which can be performed and the number of results which can be returned:

• Maximum query length: 256 KB
  • Maximum response size: 128 MB compressed
kosta123
New Contributor II

Thanks for the suggestion, will try it

Hi Konstantin,

There is an issue with the certificate that was changed by Google.

It is beeing tracked and will be fixed.

(Qliktech, Inc. - Prod - Sign In)

Best Regards

Lucke

Hi again Konstantin,

Issue is now fixed.

Best Regards

Lucke

Alison
New Contributor

Hi Lucke,

is it fixed for Cloud only? I'm asking because I coudn't find any hint to the bugfix, neither in the QlikSense release notes nor in the QlikView ones (since we're facing exactly the same issue in QV 12.10 SR8).

Kind regards

Eric

Partner
Partner

I'm having the same issue, I installed the Google certificate but didn't work. Something weird is that I am able to connect through desktop and it works fine, but I can't connect from the HUB. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks