Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

Not applicable

Qlikcloud via Chrome behind corporate firewall, proxy and Web Security

Having an absolute nightmare helping our dev team with this.

I need to know what needs to be done to allow access to the qlikcloud.com services from inside a Corporate network with:

• A Squid Proxy environment
  • A Firewall
    • Blocks outbound and inbound
    • Unless via the Proxy
  • Web security filters
    • Forcepoint, was called Websense

It works in IE 11 but that is not ubiquitous.

It works in FF 44 but that is not part of our standards.

It fails in Chrome 48.

Chrome-48-behind-proxye-etc.PNG

Direct access from Chrome is okay.

What are the known issues of using Qlikcloud / Qlik Sense in this environment?

What needs to happen on a Proxy/Firewall/Web Security basis to get this work?

Regards,

Nigel

Tags (3)
7 Replies
Employee
Employee

Re: Qlikcloud via Chrome behind corporate firewall, proxy and Web Security

Hello Nigel,

If you have a developer tool, sniffer installed on the browser you use, you may be able to track down what particular resource may be causing the issue. On the Qlik side, it is just another website to you guys, but we do reference / access other URIs for content.

For example in FF - I use Tamper Data Add-on - when enabled I can see all the URIs that are being accessed, maybe you need to allow some of those as well? My only thought on this, if it was a corp wide issue, it should fail on all browsers, not just Chrome  -- right??

But give it try.

Example:

I also added our Cloud Team kha‌ who might be able to provide some additional guidance.

Karl?

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Not applicable

Thanks, Mike.

I am not a web / browser expert nor am I a developer so please bare with me.

Using the dev tools in Chrome and IE behind the same corporate environment (firewalled and via a Web Proxy) I seem to get different results.

The built-in Chrome Dev Tools "Console" section contains errors like:

• WebSocket connection to 'wss://www.qlikcloud.com/view/ch' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED
  • WebSocket connection to 'wss://www.qlikcloud.com/view/app/108ec0e2-8c0c-4e6b-b246-80bf4a0b5cf9?reloa…ew/sense/app/108ec0e2-8c0c-4e6b-b246-80bf4a0b5cf9?instance=qlik-i-b3d6880a' failed: Error in connection establishment: net::ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED

So perhaps related to a WSS / WebSocket issue in Chrome?

But a similar error occurs when connecting direct  (via Chrome but outside corporate firewall.)

• WebSocket connection to 'wss://www.qlikcloud.com/view/ch' failed: Error during WebSocket handshake: Unexpected response code: 500

But that does not affect functionality and the second error does not occur.

Thanks for any help that is possible.

Regards,

--Nigel

Not applicable

Hi all,

It's been a few weeks now and I'm no nearer understanding this.

I may have to put a "compatibility alert" out in our organisation on this as we cannot use the tool.

Regards,

--Nigel

Employee
Employee

Hi Nigel - putting another set of eyes on this.

kha‌ - thoughts?

Please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT / HELPFUL so our team and other members know that your question(s) has been answered to your satisfaction.

Regards,

Mike Tarallo

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Employee
Employee

Apologies for the late reply on this, I have been traveling and slow to catch up on emails :-( . Long story short, we are actively investigating and I hope to have a detailed answer tomorrow.

/Karl

Cloud Operations

Not applicable

Hi Nigel,

On further inspection of our websockets it looks like we are using “upgrade” connection type. Looking into Squid’s website it looks they do not support “upgrade” connection type yet (source: http://www.squid-cache.org/mail-archive/squid-users/201404/0335.html).

We passed this information to our Dev team. To access Qlik Cloud we will request you to avoid any MITM proxies that restricts our access to websockets.

Thanks,

Nishan

Qlik Cloud Team

Not applicable

Hmm,

Not alas an answer I like, TBH.

This does not answer why the connectivity seems to work in FF and IE11 but not in Chrome.

Regards

--Nigel

Community Browser