Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

mr_novice
Contributor II

Re: Qliksense Business Cloud first impressions....

Great Michael! I'm eager to see the next update of the cloud service!

Br

Cristian

robert99
Valued Contributor II

Hi Christopher

Thanks for your reply. but couldn't Qlik inform users what they intend to do with the current version of QSCB if anything. Because the next generation cloud platform could be years away. I have clients today that want features and I just can't tell them what Qlik plan to do.

There are some basic features missing. Especially exporting stream data. But also extensions and other features. Posters are asking time and time again but there is just silence from Qlik. Even saying its not going to be added would be better.

mr_novice
Contributor II

A roadmap for the service would actually be of big help. It seems that QSCB differs from the "on premise" version. When are the products converging to one and the same version, if ever?

Employee
Employee

Hi Cristian,

Thanks again for your feedback and for visiting us at VYW Stockholm! Hopefully you got a chance to attend the keynote, but in case not, you can watch our Qonnections keynote here to find out more about our hybrid cloud strategy and plans to merge our cloud and QSE environments to give users optimal flexibility and choice around how and where to deploy.

Best Regards,

Denise

robert99
Valued Contributor II

Hi Denise

Thanks for this. But what I'm trying to get Qlik to do is answer some very basic questions about the little things. This presentation is interesting but I'm more concerned about the next 3-6 months. What is planned for the current QSCB (not a more expensive option) over the next 3-6 months. especially regarding extension. exporting, more streams etc if anything. I would sooner know if QSCB is going to be left like it is than the silence.

One of my clients can't afford lots of money on BI at this point in time. But they must be able to export data. Its a key requirement. I need to know what is planned on this front. Do they have to use the work-space for exporting for good. Or not?

Thanks for any help you can give on this.

Highlighted
mr_novice
Contributor II

Update....

(..trying to tag all the qlik people who commented but don't know their usernames mto‌ )

We where in a small test period last week. Everything worked fine. I noticed that to move an app from my own work area to the shared group work area (created in the Business mode) I had to download the app to my local drive and then upload. So enterprise   Is this really the only way?- and I had to re-create all connectors again. Well besides from this my customer was happy. He was testing his new app and creating new calculations. Me? Proud, informing the customer: "You see you may create all your calculations and charts etc".

All of a sudden the customer calls me: "The app is gone. All my work is gone. What should I do? I did something wrong!". So I login and see that we are on a "Basic" mode again. The shared work area was gone and so was the app he's been working on. Strange. Everything seemed fine with payment so I call Qlik Support who lets me know that the payment failed - I realize that the credit card used is blocked for international payments - "Ok, thats fine. I'll unblock it and please roll back the app" I said. But Qlik has no backup of the work done. So we simply lost the app and all work done. Qlik: "Its important to do a copy of your work and save it". Well YEAAAAAHHHH?!?!?! It was saved in the cloud? How can you just delete all work done? What if we have been working with this service for a couple of months and created a lot of different apps and the payments fails for what ever reason? Will you delete all apps? Is this "enterprise"?

Now - I have unblocked the credit card - but it wasn't clear if I had to activate the seats again or buy new seats. Either way I just bought two new seats.

Seems that you have some things to work on Qlik and sorry for the "frustrated" tone in my post.

robert99
Valued Contributor II

Hi Cristian

I had the same issue and brought this up on another thread. Qlik it seems is mainly focusing on the main product and not QSCB. Whereas I feel the future is QSCB not the more expensive, more complex product.

shl
Contributor

Hi Cris, and I am very sorry to hear of your frustrating experiences.  Please reach out to me with your email address at sarah.kohler@qlik.com.  It seems that some misinformation has been given to you, and I apologize for the lack of clarity.

1. Qlik takes hourly back ups and retains the back ups for 30 days.
  2. Content is deleted from our services only when:

• a user "Removes" the content
  • the user formally requests one of our system administrators delete files on their behalf.

Creating a new subscription will entitle you with a new workspace, which would naturally be empty, making it appear as if your work is gone, but I'd like our teams to look into this matter for you, unwind the issue and retrieve your content,  and get you back on your feet.

Thank you for your loyalty, patience, and feedback,

Sarah Kohler

Director, Product Management, Qlik Cloud