Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

jonnieyacoub
Contributor

Selecting data range

Hey guys,

im pretty new to Qlik Sense and i'm loving the tool so far. But i have a small issue...

I set up my REST connections and added al the data i need for my visualisation. After making my dashboard i realised there is old data i do not want to include in my dashboard. i only want to select my data from 14/02/2017.

I made an bar chart with all the incoming leads over the years. For the dimension i made a drill-down function (year-month-date) see attached picture. and for my measure i used: Count([deal_lead-lead_id]). The tables i use are: salesmen, leads, deals.

Much appreciated.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
jonnieyacoub
Contributor

Re: Selecting data range

‌thank you guys for the help! i player a little with the Set Analysis function and it workd! I used this in my dimension: =count({$<[Binnenkomst Lead.autoCalendar.Date]= {">=02/14/2017"}>} [deal_lead-lead_id])

but i will also try your given answers!

thanks again,

Jonnie

6 Replies
jonnieyacoub
Contributor

**update**

so i made this dimension now:   =([Binnenkomst Lead] > date('02/14/2017','MM/DD/YYYY'))   and now i have 2 data rows in my bar chart. 0 for al the data before 14/02/2017 and -1 for al the data after 14/02/2017. Now i want to change the name from -1 to 2017 and the 0 data can be removed from the chart… any idea??

mto
Esteemed Contributor III

Hello Qlik Community - can we give Jonnie a little love on the request?

stalwar1‌ and gwassenaar‌ - if you have a moment to assist Jonnie - it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks All

Mike T

Qlik

MVP
MVP

Sure Michael

Jonnie‌ You can try this as your calculated dimension

=If([Binnenkomst Lead] > MakeDate(2017, 2, 14), 2017)

After using this as your calculated dimension, you need to uncheck 'Include Null Values' under your dimension

Capture.PNG

You can read more about calculated dimensions here:

Calculated Dimensions

pradosh_thakur
Valued Contributor III

Hi Jonnie

Sunny has already provided you the solution for this. I would suggest  that as your  date can go beyond 2017 so use year([Binnenkomst Lead]) instead of hard cording it to 2017.

regards

Pradosh

jonnieyacoub
Contributor

‌thank you guys for the help! i player a little with the Set Analysis function and it workd! I used this in my dimension: =count({$<[Binnenkomst Lead.autoCalendar.Date]= {">=02/14/2017"}>} [deal_lead-lead_id])

but i will also try your given answers!

thanks again,

Jonnie

Your set analysis expression is the way to go. Calculated dimensions will work, but generally require more resources than a set analysis expression that gives the same result.