Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

Highlighted
LuminoNWM
New Contributor

Standalone Qlik Sense Enterprise on Qlik Cloud Services

Hi,

I've got a trial license for QS Enterprise and I'm hoping to have a look at the standalone SaaS option as mentioned in the April 2019 docs here 

How do I access it/set it up? The cloud install documentation here doesn't seem to have been updated and still says you need to install enterprise locally first.

If I go to qlikcloud.com I only see a personal hub. I'm in Europe (UK).

Any advice much appreciated

Liam

Labels (3)
2 Replies

Re: Standalone Qlik Sense Enterprise on Qlik Cloud Services

Post Related: What is Qlik Cloud Services?

Qlik Cloud Services is the cloud environment that Qlik hosts and runs for customers. To use this environment, you must request a Qlik Cloud Services tenant, and then enable multi-cloud in your Qlik Sense Enterprise for Windows deployment.

Your Qlik administrator sets up policies to distribute apps to the cloud. The policies also specify who can see the apps. App owners set the appropriate properties on their apps, and the distribution of the apps is then automatic.

App consumers see apps in the public collections that are defined by distribution rules. They can also create their own private collections, and mark favorites.

Qlik Sense Enterprise can be deployed on combinations of on-premise and cloud sites, all within a fully governed, self-service oriented environment that provides scalability and trust for your organization.

Qlik Sense Enterprise includes a containerized multi-cloud architecture, enabling you to deploy entirely on-premise, in a private cloud, and/or in Qlik’s hosted cloud.

• Using Qlik Sense Enterprise on Windows, you can continue to deploy on-premise and in the cloud.
  • Using Qlik Sense Enterprise on Kubernetes, you can deploy Qlik’s new highly-elastic, cloud-native architecture on-premise or in the cloud of your choice.
  • For a Software as a Service (SaaS) solution, you can use Qlik Sense Enterprise on Cloud Services, and deploy entirely in Qlik’s cloud.

Documentation for Qlik Cloud Services can be found on the Qlik Help site

To begin using Qlik Cloud Services you must register for a subscription. Contact your Qlik sales representative to register for a Qlik Cloud Services subscription. Once you register your subscription you will receive an email that contains your Qlik ID as well as link to log in and request your tenant domain.

LuminoNWM
New Contributor

Re: Standalone Qlik Sense Enterprise on Qlik Cloud Services

Hi Alejandro, thanks for the reply

You said this:

To use this environment, you must request a Qlik Cloud Services tenant, and then enable multi-cloud in your Qlik Sense Enterprise for Windows deployment.

I understand that has been how it has worked. But in the April 2019 docs (see my link) it says this:

With Qlik Sense April 2019 we have introduced a standalone SaaS deployment option for Qlik Sense Enterprise (QSE), with the ability to create, reload, and consume Qlik Sense apps entirely on Qlik’s hosted cloud.

What is your interpretation of this change - if it still requires QSE for Windows deployed then what is the actual change, and in what sense is the SaaS standalone?

It also says:

With Qlik Sense April 2019, all deployment options for Qlik Sense Enterprise, which includes Qlik Cloud Services (SaaS), Kubernetes, and Windows , are available independently

Please do look at the Mike Tarrollo video I linked to about this which also seems to indicate the SaaS deployment can be fully standalone has a diagram that explicitly shows the Windows deployment being optional. 

Thanks,

Liam