Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

robert99
Valued Contributor II

Re: Update your Qlike Sense Cloud Business workgroup data files with REST and Dropbox - Proof of Concept

Hi Sarah

At this point I would like a way to link

Cloud to cloud. For example I have one client on Xero. They can get a free link using Power BI but I don't think it that's good. I have set them up using the free cloud but its a hassle. I hope to be able to convert to cloud business with an automatic daily update.

But more importantly as a starting point I hope to get some way to do what is noted above. Either using drop box or One drive etc. Even if the free private edition could be set up to do an automatic daily update and save to one drive etc and then it automatically flows through. Private edition then to one drive etc then updates in cloud business

There is a huge amount that could be done but please do what you can to hurry then up on getting a few basic links set up. I had one client keen to go but its so long I don't know if he's lost interest now. I almost have.

Employee
Employee

Re: Update your Qlike Sense Cloud Business workgroup data files with REST and Dropbox - Proof of Concept

Hi Guys - sorry for the delay - we are going through some final testing - it (REST Connector) should be available at the earliest the beginning of April (unless something happens with the tests) - but all is looking good at the moment.

Not applicable

Hello, is it possible to add QVD files via REST connector from Dropbox in to QSCB, or using a public link from the QVD file on dropbox? tnaks in advance

Matias Caamano

Highlighted
paulyeo11
Valued Contributor II

Hi Michael

May be you can advise me on my below post :-

Qlik Dropbox connector what are the purpose ?

danimelo1
New Contributor III

Hi Michael,

Nice post! This REST conection works only with Dropbox? Does this work with One Drive from Microsoft for example?

Thank you!

Employee
Employee

Hi Daniel - thanks!

As long as there is a REST API for the target system - it should work for for anything. I used Dropbox as I had it ready to go.

I found this:

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn659752.aspx

The Live SDK REST API enables apps to programmatically access a user's Microsoft account info, contacts and friends, web-based activities and personal status, and media stored on Microsoft OneDrive.

https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/office/dn659726.aspx

HTH -

Mike

maestro444
New Contributor II

Re: Update your Qlik Sense Cloud Business workgroup data files with REST and Dropbox - Proof of Concept

Thanks for recommendation!  Changing "?dl=0" to "?dl=1" helped!

maestro444
New Contributor II

Re: Update your Qlik Sense Cloud Business workgroup data files with REST and Dropbox - Proof of Concept

Thanks for this info!

I was able to add dropbox link to CSV's ( using clikcloud ). One question though ( so it would work perfectly ) - is it possible to add dropbox folder link not CSV's?

If i constantly update my CSV file with 3rd party script it will end up growing too big.

So I would anyway need to add new links from time to time.