Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

Highlighted
TomTheTomcat
New Contributor II

What is the Microsoft Power BI gateway equivalent for Qlik Sense Cloud Business?

Hi all,

What is the equivalent for Power BI's Gateway for Qlik Sense Cloud Business so that I can refresh my data at will?

I have seen the scheduler but a refresh once a day is a 'no-go'.

At least the data should be refreshed at the time the user opens an app.

Any comment is appreciated.

Cheers Robert Lenior

Labels (3)
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
TomTheTomcat
New Contributor II

Re: What is the Microsoft Power BI gateway equivalent for Qlik Sense Cloud Business?

I found out that in the extent of Qlik Cloud Business this is not possible.

You can only manually refresh data with your right mouse click from the workspace.

Also you can schedule just once a day max. a refresh.

Alternatively on a Enterprise Qlik config you can script as many refreshes you like.

Robert

View solution in original post

3 Replies
robert99
Valued Contributor II

Re: What is the Microsoft Power BI gateway equivalent for Qlik Sense Cloud Business?

Hi Robert. You can manually refresh as required. Right click over the App (in workspace) and click on 'Refresh Published Data'. This will only refresh the stream not the workspace though.
TomTheTomcat
New Contributor II

Hi Robert,

Thank you for your response.

This can work, but it would be better if the app refreshes itself when a user starts it.

I don't have time to do refreshes for them anyway. 

Cheers - Robert

TomTheTomcat
New Contributor II

I found out that in the extent of Qlik Cloud Business this is not possible.

You can only manually refresh data with your right mouse click from the workspace.

Also you can schedule just once a day max. a refresh.

Alternatively on a Enterprise Qlik config you can script as many refreshes you like.

Robert

View solution in original post