Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

allotpayg
New Contributor II

What is the best way to use Google Maps as a background service?

How can I use Google Maps as a slippy map in Qlik Sense Cloud? I have a Google developer API but can you guide me what would be the slippy map URL?

I am interested in both the terrestrial map and satellite maps

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Employee
Employee

Re: What is the best way to use Google Maps as a background service?

Hi Manoranjan,

Google Maps does not really offer a slippy map service as a URL like OpenStreet - you can see this area in the help to learn about other slippy map servers:

Creating a map ‒ Qlik Sense - URL and Attributions

OR

Take a look at this extension on Qlik Branch:

If you are new to extensions check this video out:

Qlik Sense - Introduction to Extensions (video)

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
3 Replies
Employee
Employee

Hi Manoranjan,

Google Maps does not really offer a slippy map service as a URL like OpenStreet - you can see this area in the help to learn about other slippy map servers:

Creating a map ‒ Qlik Sense - URL and Attributions

OR

Take a look at this extension on Qlik Branch:

If you are new to extensions check this video out:

Qlik Sense - Introduction to Extensions (video)

When applicable please mark the appropriate replies as CORRECT. This will help community members and Qlik Employees know which discussions have already been addressed and have a possible known solution. Please mark threads as HELPFUL if the provided solution is helpful to the problem, but does not necessarily solve the indicated problem. You can mark multiple threads as HELPFUL if you feel additional info is useful to others.

Regards,

Michael Tarallo (@mtarallo) | Twitter

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
allotpayg
New Contributor II

mto

Thanks for your reply and guidance.

I am using Qlik Sense Cloud and so cannot use the extensions that you mentioned. I also found a great post by hva

Satellite Slippy Map on using Mapbox library for satellite map which I intend to use.

It will be very helpful once the development team allows extensions to run in cloud

Regards,

Manoranjan

Employee
Employee

AH - I missed that you stated Qlik Sense Cloud - understood. As soon as I know more on extensions being allowed in QSC I will have an update posted. Stay well

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Community Browser