Qlik Community

Qlik Sense Cloud Discussions

Not applicable

how do it prevent viewers from exporting data

hi there,

I've been using qlik for about a week and have all my dashboards up but I do not want viewers to export the data from the charts after I publish the apps.  Is there a method to prevent viewers from exporting data with a right-click?

thanks!

Leo

5 Replies
ogster1974
Honored Contributor II

Re: how do it prevent viewers from exporting data

‌Not that I know of.  I'd say right your own extensions with export disabled but your positing in cloud so extensions aren't an option for you.  The thing is if you let people see your data if they want it they will have it if you make it hard or easy for them e.g. Take screen shots, screen scrap etc... I'd probably notworry about it.

Not applicable

I see - illustrated data on graphs and charts and raw underlying data are two different things. I do not want to make it easy for anyone to download the raw underlying data.

I would rather have them screen scrape than be able to right click and export - is there a way to remove the right click and underlying data from the illustration?

Thanks!

Leo

Sent from my iPhone

ogster1974
Honored Contributor II

Not in Qlik Sense at the moment.  If you use the other product QlikView you have the ability to uncheck export data if that is a really important requirement.

Qlik Sense Server is an environment which encourages other users to have controlled access to the underlying data model e.g. through master items etc... and use it to create their own visualisations if they have the right skills and permissions.

If you need to tie it down QlikView has move developer configuration tools to do this.

Not applicable

awesome thank you!

Greg can we discuss this option?

Very truly yours,

LC Associates

Leonardo Cutone

President & Founder

ogster1974
Honored Contributor II

Hi Leonardo I don't think Greg (whoever he is) will have seen this post unless you link him into it.

Please mark any replies as either helpful/correct to aid other community users.

Thanks

Andy

Community Browser