Qlik Connect 2024! Seize endless possibilities! LEARN MORE
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Not applicable

Adapting a custom connector to Qlik Sense

Hi,

We have a custom connector we've built for QlikView and I'm trying to adapt it to work with Qlik Sense as well.  We use the CustomCaption feature to enable the custom button (like the Metadata button in the Facebook SDK example) in QlikView 11.  I can't figure out how to achieve similar functionality in Qlik Sense.  Basically our connector generates a custom script from that button similar to the Facebook example (but with additional functionality).  I've been reading the documentation but it is not at all clear how to do the same thing in Qlik Sense.  I noticed the Facebook example has not been adapted to the Qlik Sense UI and I'm wondering if it's even possible in the current Qlik Sense release.  Is it?

Thanks,

David

3 Replies
Not applicable
Author

I don't see any reference to CustomCaption in the 2.1 docs.  I can't tell if there's an equivalent either.

berryandcherry6
Creator II
Creator II

Hi all,

Any updates on this?. I have just now downloaded QVX SDK for creating custom Connector in visual studio for google analytics.

I am playing with QVX SDK to generate connector for qliksense 3.0. I have reached this step https://help.qlik.com/en-US/sense-developer/3.0/Subsystems/QVXSDKAPI/Content/Installing-connector.ht... where they mention to copy web folder to custom data folder in qliksense. But with given simple program there is nothing like web folder created/generated in visual studio folder. And after this what should i do, if connector is for google analytics

Please share your knowledge on this. Anything which you all feel it should be mentioned here . Its really needed for me and all our community members.

Regards

Not applicable
Author

FWIW, I never received a response.  We have moved on and Qlik Sense support in our product is still very limited compared to QlikView.  I have not read the current docs to see if anything has changed, but it sounds like it has not.