cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anonymous
Not applicable

Auto Refresh REST Connector from SharePoint

Hi everyone,

I've just created my first REST connector to fetch data from a SharePoint list, and it worked like a charm !!

I wanted to know if there was a way to program the APP to automatically refresh data, as the data in the SharePoint list gets updated frequently and I want to have the latest data updated in my APP.

I initially assumed that "Right Clicking" and APP and choosing "Refresh Published Data" would do the trick, but was definitely wrong as this part would only come after the data inside the APP is refreshed first.

Any help is appreciated

mto, help please, it's critical for a customer demo on Monday

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

‌ I thought it might be the business version because of the verbiage you used in your original post so you can schedule

Check this video out and let me know

Qlik Sense Cloud - Refreshing data in Qlik Sense Cloud apps - YouTube

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik

View solution in original post

10 Replies
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

‌Hello Nader

check this out

https://community.qlik.com/blogs/qlikviewdesignblog/2018/01/31/a-beginners-guide-to-incremental-load...

It is a blog and a video that talks about incremental load what you would need to do is replace the data source that I use in the example with your rest connector and then the data would then be written to the QVD file then you would create the script with the logic that then would update the QVD file with the new records and then your app with the visual will  read directly from the QVD file and not the rest connector.

I check in on the community occasionally over the weekend so if you reply I might see but basically you want to create a incremental load procedure  

Good luck

MIke T

Qlik

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

After reading this again it actually might be more simple I made a mistake I thought you were looking for refreshing the data in the app from a new load Well keeping data from another load - but if you just want to reload the entire app with new data from the connector then all you need to do is creste a reload task and schedule it in the Qlik management console you do that by adding a task and then selecting the app that you want to refresh   You can also select the app in the  management console and choose the option to create a reload task 

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Wow, i honestly did not expect a reply that soon.

Thank you for taking the time to do so.

Relating to the above, i thought reload tasks are only available in the Qlik enterprise subscription. Mine is the QSCB, is this also possible here now?

Thank you once again for your help

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

‌ I thought it might be the business version because of the verbiage you used in your original post so you can schedule

Check this video out and let me know

Qlik Sense Cloud - Refreshing data in Qlik Sense Cloud apps - YouTube

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thanks Mike for coming back during weekend time, truly appreciated.

I did try the "Refresh Published Data"  earlier on and the problem is that it does not refresh the actual data coming from SharePoint using the REST Connector.

After trying everything, the only thing that actually fetches the latest data from SharePoint is by manually going to the "Data Load Editor" and clicking the "Load Data" button. Even the "Schedule Published Data Refresh" does not work in that perspective.

Is there perhaps a way to schedule the "Data Load Editor" to fetch the data automatically on the QSCB platform?

Many thanks

Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Okay sorry, to clarify a bit further.

It seems the "Published App" gets the latest data which is great, but the same App in "My Workspace" does not.

A bit strange, is this behavior expected?

Thanks

Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

‌hi Nader

That is expected behavior the schedule data refresh is Just for published apps that right clicking and refreshing is just for published apps -  to refresh the data in the workspace you have to go into edit mode and load the data from the data manager or from the data load editor hope this helps

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Michael_Tarallo
Employee
Employee

‌ after you verify everything please mark the appropriate reply as correct so we can close out this discussion

Regards,
Mike Tarallo
Qlik
Anonymous
Not applicable
Author

Thank you Mike, got what i need now and working as expected. Appreciated