Skip to main content
Announcements
Have questions about Qlik Connect? Join us live on April 10th, at 11 AM ET: SIGN UP NOW
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
oscar_olaya
Partner - Contributor III

BigQuery with a Google service account

Hi!

I've established connections to BigQuery with normal Google accounts and it works correctly

Now, I need to connect to BigQuery with a Google service account, is that possible?

Thank you

Labels (2)
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Vu_Nguyen
Employee
Employee

Hi Oscar,

Service account is not yet supported for Qlik Google BigQuery connector. Qlik is working on implementing this feature.

Meanwhile, you can use Simba ODBC driver for Google BigQuery, which supports Google service account.  More info in this article: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000057648

Hope this helps!

Vu Nguyen
If a post helps resolve your issue, please mark the answer as correct.

View solution in original post

rkpatelqlikview
Creator III
Creator III

I need to check Nguyen, Same error throwing. Thanks for your quick respond. Great help. 

View solution in original post

9 Replies
Vu_Nguyen
Employee
Employee

Hi Oscar,

Service account is not yet supported for Qlik Google BigQuery connector. Qlik is working on implementing this feature.

Meanwhile, you can use Simba ODBC driver for Google BigQuery, which supports Google service account.  More info in this article: https://support.qlik.com/articles/000057648

Hope this helps!

Vu Nguyen
oscar_olaya
Author

rkpatelqlikview
Creator III
Creator III

Dear Team,

Error when am connecting the Google BigQuery.  The below error came after entering the "Confirmation code".

Error_GoogleBigquery.PNG

Does anyone know what could be the source of this issue?

Regards,

Kumar

Vu_Nguyen
Employee
Employee

Hi Kumar, check this article https://support.qlik.com/articles/000047304
Vu Nguyen
rkpatelqlikview
Creator III
Creator III

Hi Nguyen, Thanks for your help. After i installed certificate ,getting another error. How can i overcome this issue? Please suggest

errorbigquery.PNG

Thanks in advance.

Vu_Nguyen
Employee
Employee

As the error message suggests, configuration parameters Catalog and RefreshToken are missing in your connection.
After pasting the confirmation code, you need to click "Validate". This will convert the code to a token for further communication with Google BigQuery.
You will also need to select a Catalog (Project) in the dropdown below "Confirmation Code" before testing / creating the connection
Vu Nguyen
rkpatelqlikview
Creator III
Creator III

I need to check Nguyen, Same error throwing. Thanks for your quick respond. Great help. 

eva_optivasys
Partner - Contributor
Partner - Contributor

Hej Vu,

Is there any update on this development? 

I have not been able to find any info on this matter.

Is SIMBA ODBC still the recomended solution ?

Best Regards

Eva 

jonathanhvid

Hi, 

There are a couple of ways to connect to BigQuery. Depends on what you need and especially your requirements to performance. 

Looking for high performance you should probably look toward the Big Data connector for BigQuery. With this one you can also seperate the different service accounts:

Big Data Connector for Google BigQuery | Stretch Qonnect

/Jonathan